A Inviation To Go Back To The Past

I panted as sprinted down the crowded streets

I panted as sprinted down the crowded streets. No one had seemed to spot me yet. Which was a huge relief that I won't have to be chased by fans. That happens too often. Focusing back to the task on hand, I glanced around. Trying to find a tall, built man in a black suit.

I halted, the soles of my shoes scraped against the concrete. For some reason, I felt like he was nearby. This was only two streets away from the agency. Yet somehow, I had a gut feeling that Thomas was hiding near here. Looking from left to right. I started speed walking down the streets of Fukuoka in search of the man in question.

Strands of loose hair fell down, directly in front of my eyes. Wiping the fresh layer of sweat on my forehead. I brushed my purple locks away, clearing my vision. I sighed as more baby hairs fell free of its confines as I picked up my pace. Swiftly untying my hair, I brushed my purple locks back with my finger. Making sure it was neatly packed, I tied it up into a ponytail.

Sighing in exhaustion, I dashed down the streets once again. Hoping that I wasn't wrong about Thomas's locations. All the press had disbursed into the city, leaving no sign that they were ever here. Rubbing my temples to calm my nerves down, I passed a dark alleyway. My legs stopped themselves when I heard panting coming from the corner. Walking back, I poked my head into the alleyway. Whoever the person was, they sounded very distressed.

Stepping into the shadow of the shady streets. I had clutched my hands into a fist, automatically prepared for anything. Walking in slowly and quietly, my heart skipped a beat when I saw who the sweaty figure was. Rushing up to him. I immediately check for any serious injuries.

"What are you doing? I'm fine. I'm just tired after that run. It drains so much of my energy."

He glanced down at me like I was crazy as I picked up one of his arms. Checking thoroughly, I release a sigh when I saw no wounds. Looking up to the figure, I dragged him down. He flinched as I picked my hand up. Flicking him on his head, I walked out of the alleyway to get a break. Thomas followed behind me, still rubbing his forehead in pain.

"Let's go back now. The others are probably worrying about you." I suggested, "Stupid Asher. He can't even walk without crutches. He's the one that made the idea, yet I had to finish it."

"Yea. But I don't think Asher means any harm. He just forgot that he's still going through the healing process."

I sighed and started walking down the street, whistling an upbeat tune. Thomas followed close behind me, basically protecting me from any harm. Even though he was still tired after his run, still he was doing his job. Maybe a raise would do...

"Why didn't you just circle around back to the agency? Your literally two blocks away."

"As you can see madam, I'm tired and out of breath. I don't use my quirk daily, unlike you. Missy, you are a pro hero."

I gave him stink eyes, "Did Asher leave an influence on you or something? What's wrong with your attitude?" I crossed my arms as I walked into the big building.