Chapter 24

They went home a day later.

"Having this baby was so healing. " Haley said, putting Jacob in his cot. " I'm so happy with him. It's been the most amazing year."

"I know." Kian said. "Almost a year ago, we were so broken and hurting."

"We are such a strong family now. We've got two children, some loving friends and family . Jacob is healthy, and you're healthy."

Jacob yawned hugely.

"I think he'll look just like you, Kian." Haley looked down at Jacob., stroking the baby's hair. "Your hair is the same colour."

Kian smiled, wrapping Haley in a hug.

"We stayed strong for each other, for Farrah and Jacob and for ourselves." He said, kissing her neck. "That's how we got through it."

"And now we're stronger." Haley murmured.
Kian grinned.

"I'm so lucky to have you, to have our family." He said.

"I'm lucky to have you too." She said, kissing Kian tenderly.

They lay in bed that night, hearing Jacob's gentle breathing on the baby monitor. Farrah didn't need it anymore.

Haley rested her head on Kian's strong chest. Life was good. It might have it's triumphs and tragedies, but if her and Kian had love, they could get through anything.

"I love you, Kian." Haley murmured.

"I love you, too." He said.

"Goodnight Kian."

"Goodnight love." Kian replied.

"'Sleep well. I'm so glad we made it through all this."

Kian smiled, kissing her forehead and drifting off to sleep. He had a beautiful wife, beautiful kids, and caring friends.

He would stay strong for his family. For Haley. He would be there for her every step of the way. They would always be strong for each other.

*******THE END*******