Chapter 21

They slept in the next morning and were unprepared for Farrah padding into their room.
"Daddy's making pancakes!" She grinned.

"Oh no, she's hungry." Haley grumbled. "Are you hungry, sweetie?"

Farrah nodded and climbed onto the bed, tucking herself into her parents arms. Kian kissed her on the head.
"Daddy! Daddy! I wanna eat something!"
"Go back to your room and play, baby. Daddy will make breakfast soon." He said cheerfully, depositing her back on the bedroom floor.

Farrah ran squealing back to her room, and Kian turned onto the side of the bed.

"Thank God she didn't walk in on us last night."Haley laughed. Kian drew her body close and she kissed his stubbled jaw.
He sighed. He placed a kiss on top of Haley's head. "What are you going to do today?"
"I don't know....family time I guess." Haley answered, stretching herself out under Kian's arm. He kissed her cheek, and she smiled. She was so glad that their relationship had survived the ordeal with the miscarriage. She hoped that it would continue to grow.
He stood and pulled on his shorts and T-shirt, while Haley got her pajamas back on. They went into the kitchen to make breakfast, hearing Farrah singing to herself in her room. If things worked out, would they have a second baby? Haley certainly hoped so. The idea of having another baby to love was better than Haley imagined.

Kian made pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream; just like Farrah and Haley liked them. They did the dishes together while Farrah watched cartoons. After getting changed, they made an impulsive visit to the zoo. They had spent Farrah's first birthday there with Jac and Emma, and anticipating her third, wanted to go again.

All three of them were exhausted when they came home. Haley put Farrah to bed for a nap and she and Kian watched a movie, snuggled on the living room couch. The movie finished, and they noticed it was time for dinner. Kian ordered a pizza, and they ate in front of the TV without really talking, but putting a princess movie on for Farrah. Farrah loved mushrooms on her pizza. When she got sleepy again, Haley gave her a bath and only made it halfway through the storybook before Farrah fell asleep. Haley and Kian went to bed.
"Kian, this has been the best day." She said, hugging him as he got into bed next to her.
"I couldn't agree more." He leaned over, and they kissed each other peacefully.
"I love you, Kian." She said, holding his hand.
"I love you too, baby. We are so lucky to have each other, and Farrah." Kian pulled Haley into him, and she kissed him.

Sleep overcame them without a second thought, and they stopped to remember how good life was.