Chapter 22

A two more months went by. Kian was back to working at Holby, saving lives with Jac and Nicky. Haley continued her part-time work at the gift shop. They loved working in the same building. The family was doing well.

One night after putting Farrah to bed, Haley pulled Kian aside.

"Kian, I think I'm pregnant." Haley said nervously, bouncing from one foot to the other.

"Haley, that's amazing. Are you sure?" Kian was smiling, but his eyes were wide with anxiety.

"I have all the signs." Haley said. "I can't wait to tell Farrah."

"Let's make sure first. Do we have a pregnancy test?" Kian asked.

"Yes."

They went to the bathroom at Haley at on the edge of the bath.
"I've read all about it." Haley said. She was staring at it. "I might, could, be pregnant." She mumbled.

The time it took for the test to register felt like forever. Finally.....positive. Kian was smiling and sobbing at the same time. Haley had a single tear running down her cheek. They hugged each other tightly. Haley's smile brought him to tears, and he sobbed his happiness.

"We're going to have a little baby!" He laughed, barely able to speak. They kissed.
"Let's just hope all goes well this time." Haley said. "I'm so afraid, though."Haley admitted.

Kian pulled her close to him protectively. "I'll be here for you. If you're afraid, I'm right here to hold you." He said.

"I love you so much." Haley whispered, kissing him.

They went in for a scan a few days later. Haley was just over eight weeks along.

"Do you want to know the sex?" The nurse asked.

"Yes," Haley said, squeezing Kian's hand. They had unisex clothes left over from when she was  pregnant with Farrah. Would they have a boy or a girl this time?

The nurse smiled at them. She returned to the screen.

"Congratulations. You're having a baby boy."

Haley burst into tears. Kian hugged her, tightly. He couldn't believe it. A boy.

"Thank you," Haley sobbed. They already had a name picked out. "He's going to be called Jacob. Jacob Kian Madani."

They were on cloud nine for the rest of the week. Every time they looked at each other, they smiled and were overcome with joy. They couldn't wait to get started on baby Jacob's nursery, buy him clothes, hold him in the palm of their hands.