Chapter 6

It was late when they both got back to the cottage. It had been a lovely dinner.

"We can take a walk along the beach." Kian told his wife, kissing her forehead. Haley nodded.

"That sounds so romantic!" She said.

They walked down to the beach, the cool salty air making them forget how tired they had felt. They didn't go far until a sudden rainfall blew in. Kian put his hoodie over Haley's shoulders and they ran back to the cottage. They were drenched.

"Let's get dried off." Kian said, hanging up his hoodie on a hook by the door. They both went into the bathroom. Haley brushed out her hair and changed into a nightgown Kian had given her for her birthday. It was the first time he had seen her in it, and she looked beautiful.

Kian sat down on the bed and Haley put her arms around him. She kissed him softly on the lips and slid his shirt off. He felt her fingertip tracing his tattoos, that went from his wrist to his shoulder.

"You have such a beautiful body," she said, kissing his chest. Kian smiled his hands on Haley's hips.

Haley put her head on his chest. "Your heart is so strong too." She said.

"It's full of love for you and our beautiful daughter."  He replied, kissing her hair. He took of Haley's nightgown. Having a baby hadn't made her any less beautiful.  They were ready for a second baby.

She loved this man, and he was her hero.
"You know, every time we make love, I still feel like it's our first time." Haley told him, as he snuggled her.

"Sounds like forever to me." Kian replied, kissing her again. He kissed the sensitive skin of her neck and belly, leaving soft bites and tiny love nips.

"You know I love you right?" He asked her, looking into her brown eyes.

"Always." She whispered against his lips.  He deepened their kiss, and let her know without words that she was loved.