Chapter 5

The trip to Cornwall was stunning. Haley loved it. Even in the pouring rain, as it was on the night they arrived, they had found good things around them.  The cottage was cozy and within walking distance of a beach.

"Farrah look at the ocean!"  Haley said, holding her phone out so her daughter back home could see where her parents were. It was a beautiful sunny morning.

"Wanna see mermaid!" Farrah said. After watching so many princess movies, she had associated the ocean with mermaids.

"We don't see any now, sweetie. But we'll know to look!" Kian said, blowing his daughter a kiss.

Kian and Haley grabbed their beach bags and headed down to the shore. They lay back in the sand, soaking up the rare coastal sun.

After a few hours, they went back to the cottage for a shower. Haley was in front of the mirror, fixing her hair when Kian walked in.

"How are you feeling?" He asked her, kissing her neck.

"I'm good. Busy day out, but I'm feeling pretty good." She said. She smiled and looked at her husband of two years. He was so strong and handsome. His golden skin and black hair reflected his Middle Eastern heritage, and his sideways grin never failed to melt his wife's heart.

"Have I told you how much I love you?" He asked, kissing her again.

"No," Haley said. "But you can show me."

Kian smiled and nuzzled the back of her neck.

"Tonight, okay? After dinner at the restaurant you booked." Haley said, standing and putting her arms around him.

"I can wait a few hours." Kian replied, smiling devilishly.