Chapter 7

They woke up the next morning bleary eyed and sated. Kian put his hoodie on and headed down the beach for a jog. Haley lay on the bed and looked on fondly. Last night had been amazing.

Haley headed down to the kitchen and made her famous pancakes. Before she was even done, Kian had come to enjoy breakfast with her.

"How is the most beautiful mommy in the world?" Kian asked her, kissing her.

"I'm great. And so is our daughter; I just got a text from your mum." Haley said, smiling happily. She had gotten over the fact that her mother was gone; Kian's family was her new family.

Kian smiled and kissed Haley's forehead. They wandered down to the beach when after breakfast. They enjoyed the soft waves, holding hands and giggling.

"I'm so lucky," Kian said, kissing Haley again.

Kian was her soulmate. He was trained in surgery, but it was all he wanted to do. He loved Haley and his daughter. He loved them both more than anything.

Haley's mind jumped to work at the hospital. She felt guilty about going on vacation with one of the busiest people she knew.

Although Haley and Kian had thoroughly enjoyed themselves in Cornwall that next week, they were also itching to get back to work.

Farrah was so happy when they came home. She hugged her father and ran to her mother. Haley kissed her, feeling at home. Not only that, but Farrah had gotten used to her grandma, and was upset that she had to leave.

"Be good for your momma and daddy," Mona told the little girl. They dropped Mona off at the airport, promising a trip in the near future.

Farrah had become really really clingy, and they had lever left her for that long before. They even caved in and let her sleep between them in bed with them, just for one night while she was still their only child. They never realized how much they had missed Farrah while they were gone.

The first shift back at work wasn't so bad. They were there for a few days in a row and it was business as usual. Haley and Nicky had lunch together and Haley showed her all the photos she took.

Haley snuggled up next to Kian in bed that night, kissing his mussed hair.

"I can't wait for us to have a second baby." She told him.

"Then that's what's going to happen." He replied. They were really hoping for a second child.