Chapter Eighty Three- Visions

The background noise faded and somehow, Rosie felt lonelier than ever in a room full to the capacity of people. It was in that moment that she realized that no matter what she did, she would never fill the void which resided in Stiles, nor would she ever be his to cherish.

Closing her eyes, Rosie took a deep breath and came to the undeniable conclusion that, although she would lose this battle, she would rather go down fighting unlike a coward. With each step she took closer to her visual broken heart, it became all too real and she found herself suffocating.

"Stiles?" Through the only breath she had left, she called his name, gaining his attention and stopping the two of them. As they broke apart, Lydia took one look at Rosie, smiled and almost faded into the crowd, leaving Stiles standing there.

It was as if he had not hurt her, as if he had done nothing wrong because the look on his face depicted no sorrow nor regret. It was as if he was proud of himself yet he was staring at the girl who would sacrifice her own happiness for his.

No words crawled out of Rosie, even when she saw Stiles chuckle at her shocked reaction as he leant himself against the doorframe in the kitchen. He licked his lips, moistening his malevolence.

"I mean I know you were behind in class but are you really that stupid?" His voice was raspy and sounded nothing like him, but here he was, flesh and blood, ripping her apart internally. "Did you really think I loved you? Someone who's best friend is their brother, someone who goes on a date with someone just to feel valid. Really, Rosie?"

"Why didn't you just tell me I wasn't what you wanted? Instead of telling me you loved me and pulling me further into your game." Biting back the tears, Rosie wanted to be strong, fight against her worst nightmare, as if she wasn't falling apart.

"I just had to beat him, you see?" A girl walked past him and he immediately winked at her, making Rosie flinch at the bullets he sent her way with everything he did.

"Who?"

"Sam, of course." He laughed sinisterly, yet again at her reaction, shocked that he would speak of Sam as if they were friends when he expressed how much he hated him several times. "I guess now we know who won."

"What do you mean?" Rosie couldn't find the courage to walk away, she needed answers, even if it would hurt.

"Remember when I said that Sam had a list?" She didn't respond in any way, instead a tear dropped with a defeated sigh escaping her. "I was in on it."

"No you weren't. I know you Stiles, that's not like you." Unwilling to believe what she was hearing, Rosie continued to drown.

"Oh, but Rosie, you don't know me at all. We had a bet to see who could get in your bed first. He took the route of asking you on a date, how romantic? I, however, saw your soft spot and you easily caved. Thanks for that. But Lydia here, she isn't like you."

It was no longer heartbreak suffocating her, but her own insecurities creeping up on her, making her feel confined and unable to escape. For so long, Rosie was envious of the way Lydia looked, how she was so smart and how she acted. Here Stiles was, laying down each insecurity out in front of her.

"Shes not pathetic, unlike you." He closed the space between them, making her walk into an empty room near the kitchen, away from the party. "Poor little Rosie, thought that everything was all flowers and rainbows. Spoiler alert, nothing ever will be that for you. No one would ever love you. Why would they?"