Chapter Fifteen-Pretty Woman

Rummaging through the large bag of equipment Stiles went looking for things to help teach Scott how to control it. Although before the lacrosse game Rosie realized that Allison was his anchor but after that night she never got to speak about what that meant for Scott, so it was sort of brushed over.

"Put this on." HE handed Scott a heart rate monitor.

"Isnt this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?"

"Yeah I borrowed it."

"Stole it."

"Temporarily misappropriated. Coach used it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs, and you're gonna wear it for the rest of the day." Stiles simply explained.

"Isn't that coaches phone?" he nodded. "Why?"

"All right, when your heart rate goes up when you go wolf right?" Scott replied by nodding. "When you're playing lacrosse, when you're with Allison- wait Rosie said something about you and Allison, something like shes the anchor to your ship. But shes not here right now so whatever.- Its whenever you get angry. Maybe learning to control it is tied to learning to control your heart rate."

"Like incredible Hulk."

"Kind of like the incredible hulk yeah." Huffed Stiles as his hand was still out holding the heart monitor, waiting for him to take it. "Now would you shut up an put the strap on."

Around Scotts wrists Stiles had wrapped duck tape so any normal person or in this case, non werewolf would not be able to break free. His idea was to hit lacrosse balls at Scott until he got angry and was close to shifting. Each ball luckily hit Scott and ,according to the heart monitor, made his heart rate rise.

"Doesn't the goalie try and catch the ball. You know. With a bat?" A girl had approached them from behind and spoke to Stiles as he took another shot at Scott.

"Well we are playing a new type of lacrosse." Innocently and awkwardly he replied without noticing who the girl was.

"Stiles." Now he had turned around to the girl realizing it was in fact Rosie.

"Wh-what are you doing here Scott- Scott said you weren't coming to class."

"Yeah I got bored at home and although I did get hit by a car, I don't hurt. Anyway I'm only here to supervise whatever the hell you are doing." She chuckled as she pointed to her twin who was standing hunched over after having balls launched at his face.

"Stiles' idea." Scott grunted as he waved at his sister. "Trying something out but you should be at home Rosie."

"Can I?" Her hand was reached out to Stiles asking for the bat. Hesitantly Stiles gave her the bat. Picking up the ball from the floor she then used all of her strength and hauled the ball, hitting Scott right in the face. "That's for breaking my wrist in 4th grade."

"Whoa like really whoa. Shall we take it in turns then?"

"Sure, need to purge my anger somehow." Rosie sighed and then turned to Stiles as she passed him the bat and he threw the ball at Scott. "Why were you so weird last night? Like you hung up randomly."

"Oh it was just my dad wanting something." Stiles then thought strategically to change the subject. "What did you mean when you said Allison was Scotts anchor?"

"What?"

"You said that Allison is Scotts anchor."

"No I didn't." She laughed as she believed Stiles was making it up.