68

Eunhye's POV

(9 months after)

"You're finally free" the police officer said

"Thank you for taking good care of me. I will visit again and at least help" I smiled and bowed to the police officers who took good care of me the time I spent here

I was put to jail for 12 months or 1 years for killing Daeshim that night. The court didn't gave me a long sentence since Daeshim is a criminal that has a lot of crimes that can put him to prison and spent his whole life there. I never regretted killing him because I know he deserves it...

But-

Xea. She is gone.

______________________________________
Flashback...

When I received the call from Jacob, saying that Xea has a plan and we need to stop her. I already knew about her plan and tried to tell her not to. I know she is worried of Hyunjin, even us but her plan won't work. It'll put her in danger.

I drove as fast as I can when I tracked down Hyunjin's gps. I am not a very skilled nor a professional driver but I have to do this. I never mind the cars passing by nor the big trucks. I want to help them. I know what kind of person Daeshim is. He is not just evil but it even worse than that.

I arrived and saw two cars parked at the field, while another car is burning. I saw a group of people at the field firing gunshots. There...

Hyunjin and Xea were both lying on the field.

I got out of my car and ran to them but what made me stop were the gunshots that was fired. I don't know who was shot but-

I ran as fast as I can and took one of the guys' gun and pointed it to Daeshim's head.

"Y-You killed them"

"I knew it" he whispered and smiled at me playfully

I shot him two times that made him fall to the ground. Then, I heard sirens all over the place.

"Mom!" Inyeop called

But before they went to us, I shot Daeshim as much as I can.

We suffered a lot.

It was all because of you...

______________________

I was brought to the police station for further investigation and I can't testify but I can give out my statement.

Both Xea and Hyunjin were brought to the hospital.

It's been 2 hours since I got here...

"M-Mom" Tiffany called as she entered the confession room

"Tiffany"

She hugged me tight and she started crying "I'm sorry"

"Ssshhh. It was okay. Everything is fine now. How's Hyunjin and Xea? Are they okay now?"

She shook her head and lost her strength "Hyunjin is in a commatose and Xea..."

"What about X-Xea? How i-is she?"

"She is dead on arrival" she whispered

The girl I treated like my daughter, the girl who took care of me and spent her life with me, died from saving my son. 

Xea...

End of flashback
______________________________________

Finally getting out of the jail feels a whole different life. It felt like I entered a new life and I am willing to live this life happily, with my children.

"Mom" a voice called

It was Hyunjin. He is standing a few steps from me with a smile on his face while looking at me. I didn't even wasted time and ran towards him. I hugged him as tight as I can.

"H-How are you? I t-thought you w-were in a commatose?"

"I woke up one month after and Xea..." he answered and his face changed when he said his name

"I-I know. She saved you"

His tears started falling "I'm happy to know that you are alive and safe because of Xea and her siblings but... It feels useless being alive without her. She did everything for us. She spent her whole life trying to protect us... But in the end. She couldn't even protect herself. I should've done that but I wasn't strong as she is. M-Mom, this hurts so bad"

I wiped his tears and gave him a smile "Xea did that because she wanted you to spend your life doing things you never did before. She would never risk her own life for no reason. She loves you more than anything else, and seeing you happy is enough for her. She wants you to be happy as much as you can. Don't waste your chance now. Do her a favor. Be happy as much as you can"

"H-How can I? The reason of my h-happiness wasn't here anymore. Mom, I don't know how to give back all the love and care she gave us. She did a lot but I never did anything for her-" Hyunjin

"Hyunjin, listen to me. She wanted you to be happy. I know it hurts to lose someone you love but it'll hurt her if you will keep saying that being alive is useless. Xea saved you because she wanted to and that made her happy. You should do both of yourselves a favor, be happy for her and I know she is also happy seeing you happy. It might hurt but we can't do anything"

He stayed quiet and kept crying.

"Xea is in a happy place. You should be happy for her"