20

Xea's POV

"I feel safe and protected when I'm with you, Xea" he smiled

What?

"Are you insane?"

"No one told you? I am really insane. That's why everyone hates me" Hyunjin chuckled and blood came out of his mouth "Shit"

"What the fuck? Wait here-"

"Xea" he called

I looked at him

"I'm scared" he whispered and tears fell from his eyes

"What are you saying? Why would you be scared? What are you scared of? There's nothing to be scared of"

He smiled and bit his lower lip "Felix was right. You are a different person when you are worried. So, this is how it feels when someone is worried about me. I like it"

"Wait here" I said and went inside as I kept stopping myself from asking. If he wants to talk about it, he will say it on his own. Seems like he doesn't want to talk sbout it.

I went to the kitchen and took two bottled water. After that, I went to the living room and saw Suzy looking at the window.

"That's my schoolmate. Something is going on in their house and I'm just letting him stop here for a moment"

She nodded and didn't asked "I'll call you two when dinner is ready"

I just nodded and went outside. I saw Hyunjin still leaning on his car while eyes were closed. I can see how many blood he coughed, his whole uniform is almost covered with blood stain. He has wound on his lower lip.

"Gargle all the blood in your mouth using this water. Then, drink the other one" I handed him the bottled water

He nodded and did what I told him. He gargled it as much as possible for the blood in his mouth to go. He kept doing that for almost two minutes and finally finished. He took the other bottled water from and drank half of it like he was so tired. 

His eyes darted towards me "I just realized that I envy Felix so much"

"Why would you say that?"

"Felix have you when you two were young. I have no one back then. You took care of Felix while no one took care of me" Hyunjin

"Am I a maid? You should've hired someone to take care of you"

Hyunjin shook his head "It's still different when someone is taking care of you willingly without anything in return. That's you to Felix, I hope I was Felix"

"Stop mentioning him. Why are you coughing blood?"

He chuckled "Just like what I told you. Father will beat me up even though you two exchanged promises. He is unfair"

"A jerk"

"He is" Hyunjin laughed and stood up properly "I heard you hate my Father? Why is that?"

"I know someone. That person said your Father is paying the authority to cover up his crimes. At first, I didn't believe that person but one day, I woke up and saw crimes and they are referring to your Father. I searched and it was true. He is a criminal but still. That's not enough reason for me to punish him, there is always a legal way-"

"That's too bad. You just heard it from someone else when I clearly saw him killing someone. Not just one but a lot of people, even my Mom" Hyunjin

"Your Mom?"

He nodded "I saw how he beat my Mom to death. I heard how my Mom screamed and cried every night. How terrible her face looks like the next morning. I saw how that old man tortured Mom physically and emotionally. I saw every woman he is having sex with, cheating with. When Mom told everyone how horrible that man is. He told everyone that Mom is crazy and he kept hallucinating and saying nonsense. He stole her money and put her in mental hospital. After that, my Mom died alone, in there. He paid someone to do that. Every night, I can hear my Mom"

"You what?"

"It's torturing me and I am going insane. I can't sleep and kept crying every night. I wanted to scream and say that I am tired and stop torturing me. Do you know what's crazy? When I told that old man about what is happening to me. He kept saying that I am also crazy like Mom" Hyunjin chuckled

"I don't have anything to say and I am not good at that but I can help you another way"

"What is it?" Hyunjin

"We can team up, you and I, against your Father. We will seek justice for what he did"

Hyunjin shook his head "You don't know how dangerous that man is. He can kill me, even you. Xea-"

"You think I'm scared? He doesn't even scare me. My life is already a horror film, thanks to you. So, are you in? We are just gonna expose him and make everyone hate him. After that, everything is fine. You are going to be fine"

He sighed and nodded slowly "I am in-"

"But I have one condition in exchange of helping you"

"What is it?" Hyunjin

"Xea! Bring your friend! Dinner is ready!" Suzy shouted

"I'll tell you later. Let's go inside" I said and turned and was about to go when I didn't felt him move. I looked back "What are you doing?"

He was confused.

"It's fine. They won't bite" I said and reached out my hand to him

He looked at it and looked at me. He was hesitating.

"You won't get a chance to touch me again. I'm just in a good mood right now. Tomorrow, I am a different person again"

He took deep breath and finally held it.

It's okay. I'm here.

Always.