41

Third person's POV

Hyunjin woke up and his head started hurting. He can't even move nor talk normally but he found himself in a room that he is not familiar with. He gathered all his strength and looked around.

"You're in the hospital" Hanjae answered who is sitting at the bench

"Why the hell am I here?" Hyunjin annoyingly asked 

"This is where you should be. You passed out last night after what I told you. I wasn't expecting. I don't have any choice but to bring you here to make sure you were fine" Hanjae said and put down the book he was reading "And there are things you need to know"

"Just keep it to yourself. Stop playing with me, asshole!" Hyunjin shouted out of frustration

"You need to know! It will save you, especially Xea from danger. You have to listen to me" Hanjae said 

Hyunjin stayed quiet and sat on the hospital bed. He doesn't want to listen but he can't just leave without knowing what really happened. He has to know everything in order for him to decide what to do next.

"Your Father, Hwang Daeshim and Xea's Father, Bae Wonshik. They were friends along with your Mom and Xea's Mom. They were all close friends and both couples has a happy family, but not  until your Father decided to run as the Congressman. Your Mom never stopped him because she loves him and supported him, even though she has a lot of money that she inherited, including the company. Bae Wonshik is a detective, who is popular because of his honesty and being responsible for everything. Everything went well but your Father became greedy and greedy for position and money. He started doing crimes, illegal drugs and more..."
Hanjae took a deep breath as he watch Hyunjin's reaction "My Father became his friend and helped him have a lot of votes, but your Father played dirty. He framed up my Dad and he apologized. My Dad forgave him and still became friends with him when he found out about your Dad's crimes. About your Mom-"

"Congressman beat her up to death every night, cheated on her and took everything she has. When Mom tried to expose him, he told everyone she is crazy and sent her to the mental hospital. Mom escaped and found herself in an orphanage. After a few days, Congressman took her and killed her" Hyunjin continued even though he heard the story a lot of times, it still hurts for him knowing that his Mom did everything she can to give his Dad a better and satisfying life but ended up dying

"Wonshik helped your Mom to expose Daeshim for his wrongdoings but your Dad found out that Wonshik was investigating him. He was so mad and planned to kill him. Wonshik thought Daeshim won't harm him since they were friends and tried talking to him. My Dad was there, he took a video of everything"
Hanjae said and signaled his assistant to hand Hyunjin the laptop where the video will play

Hyunin played it as fast as he can and can't even stop himself. He was so mad and guilty for what happened. The video showed the conversation of how Wonshik talked to Daeshim to stop and he will help him. Long after, Daeshim shot his leg that shocked Hyunjin. Wonshik begged not to kill him and let him live, but then Daeshim just laughed and shot him a few times.

It showed in the video how Wonshik lost his conscious. Hyunjin caught something in the video and quickly paused it. He zoomed in where Wonshik was facing when he died. It was Xea...

Xea was there. 

"That was Xea. She saw everything" Hanjae told him and took the laptop from him "You were also there, Hyunjin"

"I wasn't there. I-I don't remember being there. I'm no there" Hyunjin started crying and kept repeating to himself

"Your Father heard you screamed. You saved Xea's life that night. If you didn't scream, Xea is probably dead by now. Your Father talked to a doctor to give you something that will lose your memory that night" Hanjae

"N-No, t-that's not-" Hyunjin started screaming when his head started hurting. He was like out of control and kept screaming so loud. 

The doctors arrived and told Hanjae to leave. They started doing things to Hyunjin since he was shocked to remember those scenes that's not in his memory for a long time. He kept screaming as loud as he can because of the pain that he is feeling. 

Hanjae sighed as he looked at Hyunjin "I'm sorry" he whispered

He felt guilty for revealing those to Hyunjin but he knows he is doing what's best for Xea and Hyunjin. He likes Xea but he would never ruin their relationship. He knows what the two were planning about, towards Daeshim and he wants them to stop before it's too late. 

Even him, he never expected those things. At first, he didn't believe it but later on, when he saw the video he was alarmed. He tried to warn them a lot of times and gave them clues to ask him themselves but seems like the two weren't interested at all. His Father is the one who asked him to help the two from Daeshim. Hanjae wants the same thing, exposing Daeshim and his wrongdoings but everyone knows how dangerous he is. 

Doctor came out of the room "We injected him something to calm. He was probably shocked and we are going to do a test. We will update you" 

Hanjae suddenly felt sorry for what he did.