(20) Isaac Lahey and the new principal

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." Jackson nodded. "Wait what?"

"I think we're done here." The sheriff said and he walked out the door.

As soon as Stiles saw him though he panicked and grabbed a magazine to cover his face.

"Hi Scott, Alex." The sheriff greeted and the two teens gave him a small wave and Mr. Stilinski gave Stiles one more look before walking off.

Stiles closed the magazine and put it down right as the principal came outside.

"Boys. And girl." The principal said and the three teenagers turned to him and were shocked at the sight of Gerard standing there.

"Come on in." He said with a smile.

"Scott McCall." Gerard said. "Academically not the most accomplished, but I see you have become quite the star athlete."

"Ms. Cooper. Perfect grades but no extracurriculars in the last two years. Maybe you should get back into figure skating Ms. Cooper." He told her and she was about to say something before he moved on.

"Mr. Stilinski. Also perfect grades, but little to no extracurriculars. Maybe you should try lacrosse." Gerard told Stiles.

"Oh, actually I'm already-" Stiles was about to say he was on the team but Gerard cut him off.

"Hold on. McCall. You're the Scott that was dating my granddaughter." The principal pointed out.

"We were dating but not anymore." Scott said. "Not dating, not seeing any of each other or doing anything with each other... at all."

"Relax, Scott, you look like you're about to crack a cyanure pill with your teeth." Gerard told him.

"Just a hard breakup." Scott said.

"Oh, that's too bad. You seem like a pretty nice kid to me." He told the teenager. "Now listen, guys. Yes, I am the principal, but I really don't want you to think of me as the enemy."

Alex had to hold herself back from scoffing.

"Heh, is that so?" Stiles commented.

"However, this being my first day, I do need to support my teachers. So unfortunately, someone is going to have to take the fall and stay behind for detention." He told the three teens.

Scott looked at the two others and Alex was about to say that she did it, but Stiles said it first, so he stayed behind for detention.

§{~}§

Alex and Scott ran outside after school and they made it outside just in time to see Isaac in the back of a police car driving off.

They were about to go back inside when another car pulled up. It was Derek.

"Get in." Derek said.

"Are you serious? You did that." Scott said pointing in the way Isaac drove off to. "That's your fault."

"I know that." Derek said. "Now get in the car and help me."

"No, I've got a better idea. I'm gonna call a lawyer. Because a lawyer might actually have a chance at getting him out before the moon goes up." Scott told Derek.

Alex didn't say anything because she felt the conversation was between the two of them, and not her.

"Not when they do a real search of the house." Derek said.

"What do you mean?" Scott questioned.

"Whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse." Derek continued. "A lot worse."

Scott got into the car and waited for Alex to get in as well.

"Oh, I'm good." Alex said in response.

"You sure?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, I'll just wait for Stiles to get out of detention." She said and Scott nodded as Derek drove off.

"Okay." She whispered to herself and sat down on the steps doing her homework waiting for Stiles. She couldn't get home without him and she didn't have money for the bus so she sat there for hours waiting.

§{~}§

"Hey, sorry, Harris literally just let me out of detention. Literally." Stiles told Allison over the phone who had apparently tried to call him several times. "And he had my phone the whole frickin' time."

"Well, we need to do something right now." Allison said over the phone. "They were asking me all these questions about Lydia and Alex and how they were bitten by Peter, and then they sent this guy out."

Alex and Stiles were on their way to the jeep. She had actually fallen asleep on the steps of the school so Stiles had to wake her up when he got out.

"Wait, what guy?" Stiles asked.

"He was dressed as a sheriff's deputy." Allison said.

"They're sending him to the station for Isaac." Alex and Stiles said in unison.

"He was also carrying this box with something on it, like, um... Like a carving or something." Allison said over the phone.

"What was it?" Stiles questioned. The two were still standing outside the jeep.

"Hold on, hold on. It's in one of these books." Allison said and they could hear her flipping through pages. "I'm taking a picture."

The picture showed up on the phone and the two teenagers shared a look as they both recognised it.

"Did you get it?" Allison asked.

"Yeah, wolfsbane." Stiles sighed.

"What does that mean?" Allison asked.

"It means they're gonna kill him." Stiles said.

§{~}§

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and I'm excited to have started the second season! Sorry for not posting yesterday, i didn't have time as i had a lot to do. I'll try to continue to post everyday moving forward, but there will be some days where I forget to do so, so please be patient with me. Thanks for reading!