35. Breathe

A/N
You guys really said 'fuck Tom' in the last chapter hahaha!!! I mean let the man have emotions!! Anyway I thought that was funny! Hate me or not after this chapter I don't care, actually I do but just keep in mind it's still a MerDer story so hope it going to be okay!
————————————

Tom sat back in the car still thinking about that place. There was something that was bugging him, something he saw and what Meredith told him. They tortured her for a reason, he needed to find out why.

He gave one more dirty look at the trailer and drove off. He drove over the speed limit, passing the trees one by one until he reached the part of the woods where they stopped last time. The sun was rising, the path they went on last night was more visible, more vivid. As he was getting closer a gust of wind passed through his body, feeling like he was haunted by the ghost of the woman they sliced up like they were butchers. "Bloody hell! How do I end up in these situations," he rubbed his arms trying to get hotter as shivers rushed down his spine. There was a large bump on the road ahead, "that's the bunk!" He shouted like someone was beside him, "Score!" He celebrated. He turned around making sure no one saw him and rushed to the entrance.

It was dark and smelly. The dried up smell of the blood hit his nose making his face cringe, "Ugh that's dreadful," he tried to take away the smell with his hands while the collar of his T-shirt covered his nose, "I thought we cleaned up this shit hole!" He carried on walking. The place was confusing, like maze. He had no idea where he was going. It reeked like thousands of dead bodies were dumped into this place, for the bugs the feist on.
"There are fucking stairs in here?" He looked disappointed. He pulled himself together and took a deep breath, "Uh that was a bad idea," he gagged. Slowly he went down step by step and the minute he took the last step he was scarred for life, "Holy mother of Jesus!" He looked around. There were tons of picture hung up on the wall of people they tortured or killed all the way to the end of the hallway on both sides. Tom took a right and started to look for an office type of room. But something caught his eyes, "Meredith-," he breathed.

"No! No!" Meredith started moving around in the bed kicking everything in sight.
"Shhh!" Derek wrapped her into a tight embrace and pulled her close. He laid her head into the crook of his neck, letting her breath in his scent, make her feel safe and at home. But it didn't work. She woke up abruptly gasping for air, "Get off! I can't breathe!" He pushed him to the side trying to get her breathing back to normal. Derek looked at her with sorrow. He couldn't help her calm down like he used. Everything changed. That spark that was between them one and a half year ago was gone. Vanished. His heart ached as he saw Meredith sit on the edge of the trying to breathe normally again. She held her chest squeezing her eyes shut. "Meredith," a quite whisper came out of Derek's mouth as he gently touched her shoulder. She jumped up at his touch looking back at him, "Sorry. Didn't mean to snap at you. I-," she looked around taking in the scenery. She wondered how she got here. The last thing she remembers was being cuddled up to Tom's chest, sleeping peacefully, "Derek?" She turned around realising she's in the trailer and not with Tom.
"Yeah," he answered her question. Meredith turned around and crossed her legs looking at him. "What's wrong," he also sat up making sure she understands he's listening.
"When did I- who brought me here and why?" She placed her palms on the bed on either side of her.
"You don't remember?" Derek got confused. He moved in closer to her, placing his hands on her cheeks only to be slapped away immediately. "Meredith-," he breathed.
"You're not my boyfriend. Just tell me how I got here," she commanded. As much as it hurt him he decided to ignore his emotions and push it far down. He hurt her enough for one lifetime. He cleared his throat and looked down at his legs, "You were having a nightmare and were screaming my name. Tom thought you needed me and brought you here," he explained looking back up into her beautiful green eyes that lost their spark. "Look, I can take you back to him tomorrow morning. You need the rest." He tried to grab her hands but she pulled away. Shock filled her. She can't remember anything that happened after she feel asleep. Not even the nightmare. The last thing she remembers is being dragged away from something in her recent dream. She doesn't know what it was but whatever that thing or whoever it was it meant something to her, she cared for it deeply, she felt it deep inside her, "I can't remember anything," she got scared. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked out the back window. The wind brushed through the leaves of the trees as it was drizzling outside.
"It okay," his voice trembled trying not break in front of her. He had to be strong, for the both of them. "Do you need a glass of water or?" He tried to help somehow without touching her.
"No I don't need bloody water!" She snapped at him. He straightened his back as he realised she picked up on some of Tom's sayings. 'Bloody' he thought. That is not something he heard often. "Then what do you need? Do you want to talk about it?" he tried to catch her eyes as he leaned forward. "Hm?" He asked. "What's going on in that beautiful brain of yours," he tried to talk with a soothing voice, trying not to scare her. Right in this moment she was like a deer. Say the wrong word, do something sudden and she runs. Making everyone jump back as she tries to calm down. "Meredith-," he placed he palm on the top of he hand. For his surprise she didn't pull away this time. "She whipped her head down at his action as light smile occurred on the side of her lips, nearly noticeable. But Derek new her enough to see the slightest of change on her face. He sighed as some kind of relief came over him. "I'm really tired," she looked back up at him with the tiniest sparkle in her eyes. Derek smiled to himself, pleased, that he somehow was able to suck some life back into her. "Okay-," he said almost audibly. "Should I go somewhere else so you can have your space or-?" He tried to suggest, trying to make her feel safe and comfortable before he was cut off, "Stop rambling. Just stop talking," she laid her head down on the pillow. A light chuckle came out of her mouth. Derek calmed down a bit knowing he made her laugh a little, brightened up her day. "Just lay with me," she patted the empty space next to her. He didn't hesitate. He obeyed at her command and placed his head right next to her. Almost immediately, Meredith's eyes flew shut, few minutes later snores could be heard from her little body. Derek felt like he could breathe again. He watched her chest rise up and down as she peacefully slept in his bed. Her lips slightly opened as she fell further into a deep sleep. All he could think of right now is kissing those soft red lips of hers. Gently biting down on it, hearing her moan in pleasure. He chuckled as he closed his eyes going into a light slumber.