31. I am evil

Many of you requested something like this so I'm here to grant your wishes. I did have something like this in mind but since a lot of people said I should do it I thought I'd go ahead with it!
————————————

It's been a month since Meredith saw Derek. She started to worry about him, wondering if he's getting better or worse. If leaving him alone in the woods in a trailer was the best decision.

"I think I should check on Derek," Meredith confessed as they were sitting at table having their lunch.
"Meredith he's not your boyfriend. He's perfectly capable of taking care of himself. You don't need to nurture him." Cristina leaned back in her chair.
"Yeah but I feel responsible," she sounded more worried.
"Responsible for what?" Izzy asked.
"I-, I don't know. He's just in so much pain and I don't know if it's because of our break up or that he got fired." She shook her head trying find out what's wrong.
"I think you need help," Alex stood up and took his tray out.
"Why do I even bother talking to you guys? You guys are so unsupportive!" She rolled her eyes and left the table next.

Things between Tom and Meredith have never been better. She felt so safe and loved. He was the perfect gentleman. She hadn't had courage to tell him what happened to her but she's hoping she can tell him soon because she really wanted to trust him. Although that didn't come easy for her.

"Hey Tom?" Meredith called him as she was getting out the hospital.
"Hey Mer," he answered in his normal perky attitude.
"You're not really going to like this but I have to go check on Derek. He's been gone for a month and I don't know if he's okay. I just want to be sure he's not killing himself," Meredith tried not to get him mad.
"Meredith are you sure about this? I don't want you to get hurt," he got worried.
"I won't I promise," she assured him.
"Mer just, if he starts hurting you leave, please. I don't want to see you laying in a hospital bed unconscious!" His voice sounded so sincere.
"I'll be careful I promise. I'll come back to your place as soon as I'm done,"
"Okay, please come back in one piece honey,"
"I will, I promise," she smiled. "Bye Tom,"
"Bye Mer." She hung up the phone and got in her car.

"Derek?" She knocked on the door but nobody answered. She opened the door given it was unlocked and looked inside but he wasn't there. "Where the hell did he go?" Meredith got concerned. She went out the trailer and saw him standing on the edge of the cliff. "Oh my god!" Meredith started running towards him. "Derek!" She screamed.
"Meredith?" He mumbled under his breath turning around.
"Derek what are you doing?!" She got up to him.
"Meredith leave," he warned him.
"No!" She shook her head.
"Meredith please leave. I don't want you here," he said accidentally revealing the gun in his hand.
"Derek-," Meredith's voice started trembling as her lips quivered, "What are you trying to do?" She put her hand out.
"Making everyone's life better," he flung his arms around laughing. He didn't care anymore. He lost all his will to leave, it didn't matter what he did. Everything that he touched he just ruined.
"Derek-," she took a step closer, "let's just talk. Please give me the gun."
"You know what's funny?" He started laughing still swinging the gun making Meredith duck.
"I was normal before I met you. Had no problem with the people I hurt. But, haha but then I somehow I made you fall in love with me and look at me breaking your heart all over again. I AM NOT ABLE TO LET MYSELF BE LOVED MEREDITH!" He laughed, "I mean hahaha, I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with you, look how that turned out," he laughed almost falling over.
"Derek, Derek, Derek look, look at me," she touched his arms, "You are able to love, okay?" She had her palms on his face, "And and when I was with you I've never felt more safe. I fell in love you and so did you. I might not be the one but there's someone out there. I know it! But," she pulled his face closer to her so he can look at her, "but if you kill yourself," a tear rolled down her cheek, "you won't be able to find the one. So just please give me the gun and we can talk about this," she stroked his cheeks. As soon as Derek slowly handed the gun over to her he broke down in hysterics. Rivers of tears flowing out of his eyes. "Ahh, oh my god!" He took a step back realising what he almost did.
"Derek come with me to the trailer," she gave him her hand. He took it as Meredith led her to the trailer.