13. It's you

What day is it
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up, and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time
'Cause it's you and me
And all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me
And all of the people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you
What are the things that I want to say
Just aren't coming out right?
I'm tripping on words
You got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here
'Cause it's you and me
And all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me
And all of the people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you

Life changes fast. Life changes in the instant. You look away for a minute and life as you know it ends. The question is, do you lay in bed forever or do you get yourself together and get up.

Meredith was very happy choosing the first option. Being cuddled up in Derek's arms, not facing the worlds problems is the dream. Why would anyone voluntarily get up?

The sun kissed Meredith's clear skin as it shined through the crooks of the blinds. Derek stared down at her, already awake, having had difficulties sleeping all night. A strand of hair was tucked behind her ears, a warm hand caressing her cheeks. It woke her up but she decided to keep her eyes closed. She didn't want to go back to reality, not yet.

Derek smiled at the beauty in front of her. He was so madly in love with her, it was unreal. All that they've been through, everything they've done to each other have slowly become memories. Memories they can laugh and cry about once they spend the rest of their life together. He had no doubt he wanted to be with Meredith for as long as he lives. The question was, will he be able to find a place in Meredith's heart where she'll finally trust him, actually trust him, to be someone she would want to spend the rest of her life with.

As he embraced the person that was laying in front of him, he decided to roll her on top of him, even if it meant waking her up. Her laying on his chest was a whole different feeling. It feels like they're one individual. Better together, as the saying goes.

He tucked his left arm under her and rolled her on top of him. As expected, it made Meredith's eyes flutter open. "What are you doing?" She asked in a cute raspy morning voice.
"Taking in the beauty," he said.
"You're so cheesy," she laid her head back down on his chest and closed her eyes.
"I might be," he ran his fingers through her luscious hair, massaging her scalp, "but you love it," he teased a little.
"That's not true," she disagreed.
"Agree to disagree." Meredith just let out a cute snort at his tackiness.

"Thank you for being here," she said as she lifted her head off his chest to gaze into his eyes, stroking his curls. He smiled at her with his cute McDreamy smile as their faces got closer and closer together. Meredith's eyes were half closed, and so were Derek's and his lips only looked small from afar, she realized, because of their doll-like pucker. They were perfectly big, really, now that she had a good look at them. Perfectly something. He nudged his nose against hers, and their mouths fell sleepily together, already soft and open. When Meredith's eyes closed, her eyelids stuck. She wanted to open them. She wanted to get a better look at Derek's too-dark eyebrows, she wanted to admire his soft, fluffy hair.
But she was so tired. And his mouth was so soft.
Derek's kisses were all taking. Like he was drawing something out of her with soft little jabs of his chin. She brought her fingers up to his hair, and she couldn't open her eyes.

This moment right here, this is what makes her life worth living. She can't thank him enough for saving her life. What comes after death, she has no idea, but she doesn't want to find out either. For as long as she can, she would love to stay like this, lips interlocked forever because that light touch of his lips sending shivers through her nerves, shivers that make her whole body tremble is something she would love to experience her whole life.