21. Unexpected

Potatolovrrrrr and meredithandtequila please put the acid the paper the salt the lemon and the water away, you won't be needing them, thank you.
Everyone else, please enjoy
—————————————

"Meredith!" Cristina shouted as the three of them came rushing into the ER looking for her.
"God where is she?" Addison said looking around the hospital.
"Maybe she's been admitted?" Allison asked.

"I'm over here," they heard Meredith say from the corner.
"Oh thank god," Cristina came running towards her. "We need to get you checked out," she said.
"I'm fine," Meredith refused.
"You've been missing for three months, you're not fine," Cristina came closer to her. Meredith just rolled her eyes.
"Please come with us," Cristina begged her.
"Okay but no rape kit," she warned her.
"Meredith-," Cristina tried to change her mind.
"I said not rape kit," Meredith repeated herself.
"Okay, no rape kit. Just please come,"

"What are you doing here?" Meredith went up to Allison.
"I- she- I-," she tried to explain.
"I brought her here," Addison cut in.
"Why?" Meredith asked.
"Well, I thought maybe-," she started explaining but Meredith didn't have any patience on waiting her finish, "You thought maybe I'd give her chance." No one said anything. "She had her chance and she blew it the minute she shot Derek."
"She gave you a chance and you shot Derek?" Addison turned around to meet Allisons eyes in disappointment.
"I thought they were tricking me,"
"Bitch, you so damn stupid," Addison shook her head. "So what do you want to do with her?" She asked Meredith.
"We'll see if Derek survives or not."

"Okay then, you need to go somewhere where you are observed while I examine Meredith," Addison said turning back at Allison.
"Psych ward?" Cristina suggested.
"She can't be admitted if there's nothing wrong with her," Addison answered.
"I won't go anywhere, you can trust me," Allison implied.
"Yeah," Cristina laughed, "And I failed my exams. Bitch stop bluffing. I'll look over her," Cristina suggested.
"Okay," Addison agreed, "Meredith? Can we go?" She asked. Meredith nodded as usual.

"Can you take your clothes off for me?" Addison asked as soon as they went into an examine room. "Here's a gown for you," she handed it over for her.
"Did you hear anything about Derek?" Meredith asked.
"No, not yet. But I'll update you," Addison smiled at her. "I'll be back in a minute."
"Addison, please, no rape kit," she looked at her innocently.
"But Meredith-," Addison refused to take that as an answer.
"But nothing Addison, I said no rape kit,"
"Meredith, I know this is difficult-,"
"No you don't know," Meredith cut into her sentence once again. "I am asking you politely, please," her lips trembled as she tried to hold back the tears.
"Okay-," she whispered, "I won't do a rape kit. But you still have to let me examine you."
"Alright, go ahead," she threw herself back on the bed.
"Just lay back and relax, close your eyes. I'll be back in a minute. I'll check on Derek for you," she said softly.
"Thank you," she whispered.

"Is she okay?" Cristina came up to her as fast as possible as she saw her walk out of the room.
"I didn't do anything yet?" She answered.
"What were you doing in there then?"
"Talking. She went through something very traumatising Yang!" Addison looked at her seriously. Cristina just looked away in shame.
"The problem is, is that she doesn't want a rape kit. And I can't just leave her, you know without doing nothing. Women out there are having the same experience. I mean do you guys see where I'm going with this?" She asked.
"You should do one anyway," Allison said.
"What?" Addison looked at her confused.
"What she doesn't know won't harm her. She can't see it now, but she'll be thank you later."
"Yes! I think you should do one anyway,"Cristina said, worried for her friend.

Addison nodded and went away to get the kit.
On her way back she made sure she went and checked on Derek so she'll have something to say to her.
"How's he doing," she asked through the intercom in the gallery.
"Can Someone please go out and talk to Montgomery. I can't deal with her right now!" Burke said standing over Derek, scared for his life.
"I- I'll go," Bailey said.