9. Take notes

"Meredith? I uhm, I think I love you," he blurted out. His heart started racing again. Waiting for her answer, wether she freaks out or says it back. But all he got was a snore. A cute little snore. For some odd reason that snore was a huge relief for him. He hugged her tighter, hoping the next time he confesses his love for her she's awake.

I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed
(I could do most anything to you)
Don't you breathe, don't you breathe
(I could do most anything to you)
Something happened that I never understood
(I could do most anything to you)
You can't leave, you can't leave

"I hate being on call all night," Izzy complained to George as she was sitting on the gurney in the abandoned hallway.
"They're not that bad. Sometimes you get in on a cool surgery," George said.
"No George, you get into cool surgeries. I don't remember the last time I got in on a cool one." Izzy sat up straight, looking very serious, "Is it me? Is there something wrong with me?"
George looked at her innocently, trying not to say the wrong thing, "N...No," he mastered saying. Izzy just grunted and threw herself back on the gurney.

"Well don't just sit there," Bailey came looking for them, "get your asses up and get to work!"
They jumped up and ran to their patient.
"Where did I go wrong?" Bailey mumbled under her breath.

"May I get everyone's attention please!" Ellis greeted everyone from the stairs. "Sadly Dr Addison Shepherd won't be with us, anymore. Joining us instead will be Dr Arizona Robbins," she pointed at her as Arizona stepped forward. Everyone gave her an applause, "Thank you everyone, I can't wait to work with you guys," she said in her cheery voice.
"Oh god she's one of those peds surgeons?" Alex said with a loathing look on his face.
"I like her," Izzy stated.
"Of course you do, she matches your personality. All happy and cheery. Which I don't think it's even healthy," Cristina gave her, her normal attitude. Izzy just rolled her eyes and turned to the Arizona who was giving her speech.

"What's happening?" The four of them heard a voice coming from behind.
"Where the hell did you come from?" Alex turned around seeing it was Meredith.
"That's not important. Who's the new girl?" Meredith looked up, seeing the new doctor beside her mother.
"Oh that's Dr Arizona Robbins. Addison quit so she's here to replace her." Izzy answered her.
Meredith looked at her like she said something horrible, "Addison qUiT?" She tried to keep her voice down, "Are you sure she quit?"
They all looked at her weird. Why was she getting all worked up about an Attending leaving?

"Okay then everyone, you should get back to work," Ellis put on a fake smile and walked down the stairs to the nurses station.

"Meredith," Derek whispered to her not realising her Mother's there.
"Derek not right now," Meredith motioned to her mother.
"Derek? That is not how you are supposed to refer to your attending." Ellis turned to her daughter.

Meredith tried to find her words but she was petrified.
"Actually chief, I asked her to." Derek cut in.
"I think you know very well Dr Shepherd that, that is not allowed. At least in this hospital." Ellis was getting angry at him, "don't let me hear it again." She was walking away before she said one last thing to him, "And you shall refer to her as Dr Grey. I don't need people gossiping about an attending screwing an intern."
"Yes ma'am. Very sorry," Derek apologised.

Derek mouthed "oh my god" to Meredith as soon as Ellis was out of sight.
"Yeah..." Meredith nodded, "My mother... sorry about that,"
"You did nothing wrong," Derek assured her.
"What was it you wanted to tell me Dr Shepherd?" Meredith tried to act professional in front of her coworkers.
"Oh right that. Meet me in room 209 in 5minutes. There's a patient waiting for us,"