"What I am more worried about is you. Naturally, I need your approval to officially court your sister."

"I am not going to approve that. I am still fixing my relationship with Yumi. How can I cause her disappointment again?"

Kami made a face. But he understood what Mateo meant.

But no matter, he was still firmed in beginning to court Malia.

He realized, now that the whole capital was already beginning to talk about the three ladies, Malia would definitely have admirers soon enough.

That's something he couldn't accept that easily.

He had this urging feeling that he should begin pursuing her now if he didn't want things to be too late.

So no matter what, even with or without approval from Mateo, he would court Malia now.

As for Yumi, she needed assurance from him, that's for sure. Assurance that even though both of them had already started to get into relationship with other people, they would still be the most important person for each other.

He, of course, still thought of Yumi as his best person in which ever world they were. He was prepared to prove that to the lady, he just hoped that Malia would understand it in the future, if ever they really ended up together.

Anyway, naputol ang iniisip ni Kami when Mateo had suddenly spoken.

"Tell me about that Sancho. The other day, Yumi was about to kill him. Tell me why she seems to be loathe him so much."

Kami was stunned. "What did you say? Yumi almost killed him?"

"Yes."

Kami was deep in his thoughts instantly. His expression was so serious.

Mateo just patiently waited for him though. That Sancho was not only garnering such big emotion from his little wife. Even Kami had a big reaction about him. He must not be just a simple person in their lives back then.

Soon, Kami had finally decided.

Mateo would marry Yumi. When that time came, he was no longer the person who would be beside her all the time. It would be this lad.

Since that was the case, Mateo should definitely know about Sancho then.

"Mateo, please don't tell Yumi that it is me who tell you this. I do not trust that Sancho especially when he is hovering around Yumi.

"Also, I think it is just natural that as her future husband you have to learn about the past of the two of them so you can also protect her. I won't be always around her but you will be. Therefore I am willing to give my trust on you.

"Sancho... In the past life, he was the love of Yumi's life. Yumi knew him since her trainee days as an agent. She developed feelings with him since he was always good to her. I also thought he was genuinely in love with her back then. They had never been in official relationship though. But I knew Yumi had almost accepted his proposal of engagement back then.

"That night though, when Yumi and I had died, it was all because of him. He just took over the leadership of the organization and gave Yumi the death mission himself. His people killed me when they found out that I was helping her to get away from that place. Then it was personally Sancho who lured Yumi towards the other members of the organization to kill her. In the end, Yumi chose to jump off the cliff instead of dying on their hands.

"This is the reason why Yumi has that huge killing intent towards Sancho whenever she was seeing him. Because he betrayed her. And yes, that's also why she is so big when it comes to trust and betrayals... why she was so angry with you back then.

"However, she cannot kill the Sancho in this era. No matter how angry she was, she cannot touch him at all. You see, five years ago, when Sancho lived in L City for a while, we both investigated him. We found out that he never knew about the past life. He might look very much as Sancho before, but he is not the same one.

"So Yumi has to reign over her desire to kill. I will appreciate it if you can help me with this. I do not want her to end up in a very difficult situation just because of the man with the same name and face as her previous lover."

This revelation made Mateo quiet.

He had his thoughts about Yumi and Sancho especially after he witnessed that happenings in Don Enrico's residence.

But he never thought it was this complicated.

He couldn't help frowning and clenching his fist though.

'...her previous lover.' Kami said.

Whether Sancho in this era was the same person or not, the fact that he reminded Yumi of her previous lover made Mateo's blood boil.

Yumi was his alone.

He didn't like the idea of having another lads presence lurking around her physically and mentally.

"Thank you for telling me all of this. Don't worry. Just me alone is enough to protect her. I will make sure she forgets about that guy and all of her feelings towards him. In this lifetime, she can only love and hate me."

Kami was stunned upon hearing those words.

Love and hate him?

He wanted to tell Mateo that it might not be a good idea. That maybe he should just settle for love instead. But upon seeing the foreboding expression of the lad's face, Kami just decided to remain silent.

***