Chapter 39

(Y/n) walked out of the house as she bid her family goodbye. The young girl was on the side walk of the road as she stroll towards the library.

When she did, she looked around from each section to section, from coloumn to coloumn.

But what had caught her eye was what seems to be history book back in the Taisho Era. Interested, the girl decided that she could borrow the book. She went up to the counter there to made contact with a young man with short ruffled hair colored with black on top and white on the tips. He has blue-grey eyes and also three black piercings on his right ear. On the desk shows a name.

Mukami Ruki

The lad smiled as she placed the book on the desk and the boy, Ruki, scanned the book, eyeing the girl with curiosity, knowing that people don't usually cooperate what was said in Taisho Era.

He then gave the girl the book and bid her goodbye and went back to the computer that was on his desk.

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

"Tadaima," (Y/n) said, informing any of her family member that would be around the living room. She sees Hanako, Shigeru and Rokuto watching T.V so that was okay.

The three greeted her back as their eyes were glued to the screen. (Y/n) let out a sigh and went upstairs to her room that she shares with Nezuko.

When she did, she sees her sister laying on her bed with a phone on her hand. Nezuko noticed her sister's presence, looked away from her phone and faced (Y/n) with a smile.

"Oh, you're back?" She asked. (Y/n) could only nod her gead as she went up to her own bed and flopped her body.

Nezuko let out a chuckle as she layed back down, not wanting to tire her sister even more, knowing how many hours that she had walked.

Few minutes later, (Y/n) sat up from her bed grabbed the book that she placed on her nightstand and opened it.

She skipped some pages, knowing some of them by her History teacher, Rengoku. Her eyes then stopped at one page that held a picture of a group of people, smiling. There alot of people in the picture, and her eyes then looked at one specefic centre of it.

There at the middle was a boy smiling with his arms wrapped around two girls beside him. But what caught the girl off guard was that his smile was so similar to her own brother's. She then looked at the girl that was at thr boy's right, just to see her smile like Nezuko's.

She looked through the people in tye picture one by one, and slowly, she started to feel her head pounding.

Painful as it is, (Y/n) clutched her head with both of hands, eyes closed. When she opened her eyes, she wasn't in her room. Instead she was in a minka. Nezuko beside her, but.... She looks different. She noticed two girls had a bamboo muzzle at their mouths, making it difficult for either of them to talk.

She looked around the surrounding, and there she sees her brother pinned down on the ground, tied up and bruised.

"Tan-nii!" She called out, but it seems like no one heard her.

She turned around just to see a man similar like Sanemi in an odd uniform. But the next scene made her scared to life. The man grabbed the hilt of his sword and cutted his arm, blood oozing out.

She just couldn't see what happens next, she looked at the froup of people that were huddling her brother. She spotted alot of similar people.

Shinobu, Gyomei, Mitsuri, Kyojuro, Giyuu, Obanai, Uzui, Muichiro, Yaku, Kenma, Kuroo, Sugawara, Kageyama, Kita, Bokuto and Akaashi.

She took a few steps back at the scene infront that now had changed.

What she has seen was heart breaking. There she sees a group of boys that looked like her brother and his two friends crying over a bloodied Kyojuro.

She placed both her hands at her mouths as tears started to stream down her cheeks.

She was already in her limit as she let out a scream. Crying.

She then opened her once again just to see a worried face of Nezuko in front of her.

"(N/n), are you okay? You were crying and sobbing just now.." Nezuko stated as she hugged the girl.

It was warm. The warmth of her family...

"Do.. do you want to tell me of what's wrong?" (Y/n) shook her head as she said she feels kinda tired and wantee to sleep.

Nezuko let out a sigh as she tugged her dear sister in.

"Alright, I'll just tell Okaa-san that you feel a little ill, okay?" (Y/n) faintly nod and closed her eyes. She heard a faint noise of the door closing.

She opened her eyes omce again, but a little. As thoughts started to rush inside of her head.

"Who were they?"

"Did those events actuslly happened?"

"Who was that girl?"

"Why did that boy look like Tan-nii?"

"Why did that girl look like her Nee-chan, but paler.."

"And that other girl..."

Various thoughts occupied the girl's head and it was giving her a headache, so she decided that it would be best to just sleep.

Downstairs, both Tanjiro and Nezuko were sitting at the dinner table as Tanjiro was listening to his sister's words.

The boy could only let out sigh.

"Guess she's getting her memories back, huh?"

The young girl could only nod her head.

"We just need to wait for the right time to explain it to her then." The boy suggested. Nezuko looked down in worry. Soon she nodded her in ageement.

Tanjiro could see the worry in his younger sister's eyes and patted her head.

"Nezuko.. she needs to know someday,"

"I know.."