25 | my fault

Nox

"What's wrong Nox?" My brother asks tauntingly as soon as I walk in and I shut the door behind me. "Your boyfriend dumped your ass?"

"Stop talking." I say firmly, walking past the living room and entering the small kitchen space where Axel and his friends are currently sitting. For one, I'm a little ashamed that I just left Jimin outside after he closed that massage appointment for Taehyung and I'm starting to regret my actions. Crossing my arms over my chest, I walk to the fridge and take out the cold blend of pureed strawberries, lemon juice and syrup form the fridge.

"Come on Nox, you know you can tell us anything." Jason chimes from behind me. "Do you like the guy?"

"No." I say a little sharper than I probably should, but it doesn't matter. It's not like I'm going to discuss my romantic life with a bunch of teenagers.

"I call bullshit." Axel snorts.

"I think you should shut your trap."

"Do you two ever go a day without bickering like this?" Jason groans. "Honestly, it gets tiring."

"Do you want the strawberry lemonade?" I challenge and he quiets down.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Nox, the only two men you go clubbing with are either Ryan or Jungkook. And let's not forget the fact that you never bring a man back home." Axel says. "How oblivious do you think I am?"

"I think you're being creepy for looking so much into this." I say feigning innocence and he shakes his head, finally surrendering.

"So, what happened exactly?" Asks Neveah, curiosity laced within her voice. "I mean he's just your neighbor."

"Thank you!" I say, taking both of her hands in mine as I offer her a smile.

"If I remember correctly, she gave him a massage and a boner and then they fought." Axel answers.

"How do you know that?" I ask in a shriek, the glass almost falling from my hand as I bring it down.

"Walls are thin." He smirks. "I can hear every conversation you have with Ryan over the phone."

You've got to be kidding me.

"How can someone start an argument from a boner?" Jason half laughs. "It's usually the opposite that happens."

"Trust me plenty of arguments start because of boners." Neveah intervenes. "Actually, scratch that, arguments start when men are incapable of controlling their urges."

"Can't argue with that." I say, patting her shoulder. "And most of those fuckers get away with it." When I set down the glasses on the table, I fill them up with ice and then pour the strawberry lemonade inside.

"Thanks, Nox." Jason smiles and we clink glasses. Neveah follows right after him.

"You could have invited Seven over." Axel says mockingly.

"I'm starting to think that you're pestering me because you're the one who wants to see him so bad." I return as I sip on my pink drink.

He sighs. "I just want you to stop being oblivious and let yourself have some fun Noctis. Is it that bad that I want my big sister to just relax and chill?"

For a moment there, I can see the sincerity in his cloudy jade eyes which are the same as mine, only they hold a certain edge to them. My eyes are a deeper green, while his have a glimmering silver ring that adds to their sharpness. I have dark circles under my eyes while creases crack through his skin, as evidence of the imprint his past left on him and each time my eyes find his, I'm always reminded of the damage I caused when I brought Elijah in our lives. My naivete and my stupidity were the reason why Axel was forced to grow up too fast, but at least he had friends he could depend on while I was too busy fucking our lives up because I was 'in love'.