31: Invited 4

Mulai dari awal

"Oh what's this? Do you know her, Amara?" Agatha asked her with a smirk.

Amara didn't deny it and nodded at once. There was nothing for her to be ashamed of about Malia. She was from Principalia family like them.

"Yes. This is Malia Portabello."

"Portabello, you say?" Obviously, that caught Helena's attention.

"She is Deputy General Mateo's only sister."

"I see." Helena smiled gently towards Malia.

The latter, on the other hand, felt conscious by the sudden attention of them by these ladies.

"And who is this lady with you, Binibining Malia?" Asked by Agatha.

"This is General Vicente's first daughter, Victoria Sybill." Malia introduced them.

When the two were already introduced to them, they began to introducing themselves too just to conform with etiquette.

They had just finished their introductions when Mateo and Yumi arrived.

This time, hindi agad nakareact silang lima.

The arrival of the two caught them offguard. What's more, they had never expected this Mayumi to look like this.

They thought Agatha was already the most beautiful lady they had ever since but after seeing this Mayumi, they couldn't help rethinking their thoughts.

Anyway, Mateo and Yumi walked towards Victoria and Malia, and completely passed by them.

"So sorry for the wait, Ate and Malia. This guy has to stop several times and talk to several people along the way. Next thing I know, nakarating na kayong dalawa dito." Yumi said.

"Don't blame me. I just want to let them know about my fianceè." Mateo said.

Yumi, Victoria and Malia rolled their eyes at once.

That very moment though, their conversation was interrupted when someone coughed nearby.

The four of them looked at the five ladies standing at the side.

Nakita pa nilang nagbaba ng kamay niya si Lavina. Obviously, she was the one who cleared her throat.

"Binibining Mayumi, I see you've made it today." Lavina told meaningfully towards Yumi.

The latter faced her with a sweet smile on her face and then said, "I do, Binibining Lavina. That's because my dear sister and my best friend are also here with me."

Then Yumi's eyes drifted to the four ladies who were with Lavina. She nodded upon seeing Isabella who immediately nodded back at her.

As for the other three ladies, she kept staring at them as they were also staring at her.

"Oh where's my manner? Let me introduce these three ladies to you, Binibining Mayumi.

"This is Agatha, daughter of General Arturo of R Province. Beside her is Amara of B City, daughter of General Alvaro. And lastly, Helena, daughter of General Hildago from C City."

"Nice meeting you, mga binibini." Yumi told them goodnaturedly.

"The pleasure is really on us." Helena stepped forward and stood in front of Yumi.

She was looking at Yumi with great interest, at the same time, her stance was meant to make her appear magnanimous. She was sophisticated and graceful as she stood before Yumi.

Unfortunately for her, she facing Yumi who had a topnotch acting skills. So when she acted those things in front of the lady, she looked a little bit forced.

When Mateo saw this, his lips quirked upward.

So trying hard...

He ignored these ladies before them and held Yumi by her shoulder.

"Yumi, the Governor General asks me to stay here for a little bit. You three have to go to the venue first but I will be there later and look for you. However, if you need help or anything, send your maid to look for me inside."

"Always chivalrous, Mateo. Don't worry about me. I am with my sister and Malia. What can go wrong when they are around me?"

Mateo smiled gently at Yumi. "Alright. But just in case, let your maid look for me."

"Fine, fine. Just go inside. Baka kanina ka pa hinihintay ng Governor General."

Mateo planted a peck on her forehead before leaving. That left Yumi flustered though. After all, these ladies saw that intimate action between them.

She shyly looked at these ladies in front of them and apologetically nodded at them.

However, in reality, Yumi clearly saw the expressions on their faces after Mateo kissed her.

Isabella was flustered and looked away.

Lavina and Agatha had stunned expression on their faces. Obviously, they couldn't believe to witness the gentle side of their cold hearted Deputy General.

Amara had an eyebrow raised but her eyes were full of interest.

And Helena...

Yumi almost laughed out loud upon seeing the expression of this last lady.

She was as if had swallowed a mouthful of vinegar. Her face was full of jealousy for a moment. But she quickly removed that expression on her face in fear that others might have noticed her expression.

Little did she know, Yumi wasn't the only one who caught that. Even Victoria saw it clearly.

And these two had a clear understanding of her feelings towards Mateo then.

***