#34

📍 AECHA'S HOME.
7:26AM.
🙇🏻‍♀️ NO AECHA'S POV.

I stepped downstairs hearing the TV being turned on. I fell on the couch after landing on my feet. I sat up after the volume increased and Huijun sat next to me, I stay to listen and watch what the news was saying.

"The owners of 'Mmm Cream!' cookies have now been arrested for selling drugged snacks with toxins in it." The reporter said right before the camera transitioned to two men with snarly looks that were pushed into a police car. "Hey, don't you and Aecha like those cookies?" Uncle said my name.

Huijun and I look at him, "Yeah." we say together and nod tiredly. "Have you eaten any so far?" We shake our heads and say, "No." he could tell we were tired from the way our voices sounded like zombies growling in apocalypses.

"Okay, good. I'm throwing away every box we have of those cookies out." He tells us and became serious when opening the pantry door then dragging out the boxes one by one. "Okay." Huijun and I nod our heads like we didn't care and walked upstairs, leaving my uncle and his dad in the living room on his own.

And as we got ready, our energy gathered up in our bodies, little did we know we were ready for a new day of school. Uncle Hyun-chan got his car ready while we were finished our routines and in our uniforms, running to the car we went after spending a bit too much time focusing on looks.

A short drive to school it was, we were both dropped off on the sidewalk of the school. It was a stone pavement just like other high schools in Korea, not to mention surrounded by a bunch of vibrant bushes that hurt my eyes every morning.

I didn't even notice it but Lee Chan was walking with me when Huijun had left to check on his other friends, "Good morning," Lee Chan greets me and I groan with a following eye roll. "Stop bothering her, you pest." Tzuyu stood on my other side and grabbed my arm right before she ran into the halls.

"Phew- anyways, good morning. What'd you have for breakfast?" She asks me and linked tighter onto my arm, "Nothing yet." I admit and she pouts. "Here, I have an apple." We stop to wait for her apple to be reached into her bag, "Oh, thank you." I smile when I take it and bow. "You're welcome."

We continue to walk together as I bite further into the apple until it was just the core and I looking at each other. "Did you know your soulmate saves you at least once?" Tzuyu brings out a fact, "Oh, wow.. how cool.." I say. I tried to be interested in it but I just wanted to know who my soulmates is and not facts about them.

"No one's really saved my life yet.." My eyes grow wide, "What's wrong?" Tzuyu takes a look at my face when we stop walking once again like the dramatic people we are. "L-Lee Chan," I stutter, "Lee Chan?" she says.

"Lee Chan pulled me before I could walk on the road and get crushed by a car," I look up at her face, she had her mouth opened and her eyes too but then said, "Nah, that's impossible. Lee Chan's not the one for you." she tells me and turned left straight into class.

I run to her shoulder, "But you said your soulmate saves you at least once!" I panic. "Yeah? And so? Others could've saved you. There's a lot of options, darling." She says and took a seat next to my cousin himself who had directed himself to class before me.

Knowing class was going to start, I took my seat next to Mark and tried to calm down. It didn't work, you could tell from the few drops of sweat that slowly dropped on the table each class we had till the day ended.

"Hey, Aecha." Mark elbows me and whispers, "What? Mark." I say and turn.

"Why are you sweating?" He asks me.

"Because," I gulp.

"Lee Chan could be my soulmate." I lean into the whisper and tell him, "I've been dreading to rant to someone but classes suck." I confess and he just gives me a grin.

"That's what you think, huh?" He asked me, I question him with my eyebrows, "What do you mean, Mark Lee?" I said back.

"He's not your soulmate."

📖 ; published | 04/20/21
📝 ; hello i haven't updated and i'm really sorry but i do hope you like this chapter. it is not edited just so you know if you do see an incorrect grammar mistake please comment!! <3 i hope you have a great week, stay safe and take care pleasee :] ur appreciated