#32

📍 SCHOOL LIBRARY.
12:12PM.
🙇🏻‍♀️ NO AECHA'S POV.

I sit in silence with frustration as I process the fact that this bruise was not what I thought it was. "Now, you see?" Tzuyu speaks, she's been blabbering all about soulmates for at least our whole lunch period. It's amazing how no one noticed we were gone. "Not really." I reply.

I shouldn't have said anything. She came towards me with a sigh and my back met her presence. "This is what you have. A heart-shaped 'bruise' that's not a bruise." Tzuyu stands next to me to point at somewhere on the 6th book she's found to make me understand about this mark.

"These are all ways people can find out they have a soulmate," She palms the page, "Randomly given gifts such as; children, pets and etc." she continues. I hum and nod, just to have time to understand what she was saying. "The thing is," She starts again and my brain shuts off.

"You have a soulmate."

"A soulmate?" I ask her. I didn't believe it, "I'm 17, Tzuyu." I tell her and maybe she'd change her mind but she says, "Which is around the age people have their soulmates." Tzuyu turns around and yelps in shock as she falls back and holds my chair. I didn't see what happened but she tells me that some had walked past us without saying anything.

"You okay?" I ask, turning around finally. She holds her hand to her chest and nods while calming down, "Please tell me you understand." I didn't want to give her more stress and problems. I know she was just trying to make me understand what was going on and I acted dumb to maybe stop what was happening but it didn't do anything.

"I understand." I nod.

She smiled, "That's good. Our only mission is to find out who your soulmate is." I stand up when she puts her arm over my shoulder and leads the way out of the school library. "Oh- wait, we need to return our books." I stop and look at her, she frowns.

"It's okaayyyy" She tells me to ignore it while seconds later, her name gets yelled by the librarian. "Run to class!" Tzuyu says loud and clear for me to hear. We dash to class soon and the librarian didn't see an inch of us, maybe a centimetre but not an inch which is possibly a good thing?

We sat flat down on our seats, breathless. She gives me a wink before she turned around right when the teacher came in. "Woah, what's going on?" Mark asks me, handing me his plastic bottle of water. I push it away, shaking my head since I didn't need it. "We just.. ran down the halls."

Moments later, time passed by and my head was on the table. I stared at the mark. The mark indicating I had a soulmate, a literal soulmate. A person who's going to be in my life forever. Not to mention, a person I'm forced to be in love with.

"Aecha!" Mark calls my name, my head goes up and I meet his eyes. Panicking at the time, I felt him stare closely without blinking which caused even more sickness for me to feel. I felt so queasy, I held my stomach and said angrily, "What?"

"Do you have time later after school to help me make the stethoscope?" He asks, still not blinking. His eyes did nothing but spark at mine, it doesn't mean anything but in fairytales and books.. it does. "It's a stupid stethoscope, you're 17. You can do it, snowman." I roll my eyes and put my head the other way.

Sleeping more, I wake up when the bell rings for dismissal. I must've slept for hours and it felt nice. Everything seemed so unreal as I tiredly grabbed my bag and lifted it onto my shoulder. After I did so, I headed for the hallways where every student was clattered around.

I focused on the door leading out when I remembered about the mark. I look at it once again, "This is unbelievable." I roll my eyes and open the door. Staring at the mark, it caused me to become distracted from real
life. I possibly could've died if no one held me back from the road.

"Woah- thanks." I look up at the person who seemed to save me, "You're welcome." Lee Chan- that ratatouille! I breathe heavily before pushing his hand away and running over to my uncle's car.

I opened the door and got in, slamming the door shut. I ignored what everybody said and crossed my arms angrily.

📖 : published | 04/13/21
📝 : i literally hate school- my school doesn't allow people to do online anymore meaning everyone is forced to do face to face which is so unfair because people who put their kids under online school is just trying to protect them- but enough about that, how have you been? <3