#35

📍 SIDEWALK - MARK'S APARTMENT.
3:51PM.
🙇🏻‍♀️ NO AECHA'S POV.

"I just want to- to like, you know, punch his face," Mark rants about Lee Chan as I walk home with him. You must question why, Mark Lee, a 17 year old, can't make his own DIY stethoscope. So, I have to help him.

I hum, casually pretending I was listening, "Yeah, uh-huh." I replied in words. "Aecha?" He called me softly, "Yeah?" I finally look away from my phone. He gave me that trying-to-be-happy-smile that didn't involved his teeth. I felt guilty, "What?"

He sighs, letting go of the fists he made, "Nothing." I nod and run to the apartment building he lived in and waited for him. Mark chuckled while he jogged peacefully to the door and pushed the key he had into the hole just for it. "Go on." He lets me in.

I walk in after thanking him with a graceful smile, "You're 127 at the 4th floor right?" I ask him while rushing the stairs as I ran up. "Yes~!" He said, instead of running, he walked so when I arrived at his door, I was panting but he wasn't.

Unfair.

"I'm home!" He says. It took a minute or two before his youngest step-sister Evelyn came down to attack his torso, "How was school? Did Uncle pick you up and drop you off here?" he asks her. I close the door when we were out of the way.

"Yeah, he did. I finished my homework early! Can I play on your laptop?" She asks Mark and he nods after kissing her head, "You know what not to touch, right?" he shouted as she ran to his room.

"Possibly?" Evelyn giggled before Mark dropped his bag and ran to catch her before she could lock the door to his room. "Yah! Evelyn!" He was about to hit the door of his but he held his anger in and stopped.

"Wow, self-control." I scoff.

I pick his bag up and put it on the couch, "So, since your 'parents' weren't really your parents.. this apartment's just empty?" I ask Mark. He turns around and sucks air in, nodding his head. "Huijun's friends are always over. It's never this quiet." I laugh.

He does too and sits next to me on the couch, "Let's get to work?" he asks and I nod. I change my seating and sit on the floor, I grab my bag from behind to pull out the materials. I got to work seconds later.

We made a lot of mistakes while building it but because of the quantity of materials we had, we could start over and over again. Luckily, we finished a couple to handle out to middle schoolers and a special stethoscope that we can hand in to be graded on.

I was almost falling asleep but I see Mark walking back to the living room with a glass, it had some red liquid in it.. wine? "What? Want some?" He asked me and offered the glass, pushing it forward then hitting my tooth.

"Mark!"
"Sorry?!"

I cover my mouth as he drops the glass onto the wooden table and reaches over to touch my body with his arms - as in a hug.

"Stop it!" I whine and push him. He backed away but laughed at my reaction, "It's not even bleeding, you baby." he reminds me and I punch his shoulder as hard as I could.

He doesn't react but continued to giggle like a child, it annoyed me so bad I wanted to pull his hair and push him.

"I actually hate you so much, Mark."
"I've been reminded. But one question,"

I cock an eyebrow up, "How do you hate your boyfriend?" I screech and groan.

- t i m e s k i p -

📍 MARK'S APARTMENT.
11:28PM
🤠 THIRD PERSON POV.

"Shh, be quiet." Somi came home late and with a male, not her friend but her boyfriend. She closed the door quietly and locked it while slowly walking across the living room where Mark and Aecha were sleeping.

"Oh- okay," He glanced at Aecha and blinked twice, "Huh?" he said in a small voice before rushing to her room and closing the door lightly.

No one heard a thing but Mark twitched anyways, he turned to face Aecha's back without knowing she was there, "Oh, sh-"

He rolled to the other side and fell on the floor. Mark groaned and ruffled his hair, "Mark?" Aecha squeaked and turned around to look at the Lee on the floor. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, don't worry." He sighed.

It took awhile for Mark to rest on the floor but he did it anyways. Hours and hours later, Aecha and Mark woke up at noon. She spent the rest of the day at his and left at around 6pm. Knowing they didn't have school, Aecha didn't have to tell her uncle where she was since he had trust in her to come back home when she should.

"Bye, Ae-" Before Mark could say bye, Aecha said it first, "Bye!" he couldn't tell whether she was happy to speak to him or excited to leave him. Either way, he was happy to see her smile.

She faced the door of her house and opened it to see guests, "Hi, Aecha!" someone excitedly said and she couldn't believe it.

"Auntie?"

📖 ; published | 04/23/21
📝 ; happy birthday to my precious jeno lee, i love him so much i'd do anything for him sadly and forever will i love that man. even though he's growing old smh he still has the talent, love and care <3 <3 sigh i'm in love with him and not you so just,, yk,, keep that in mind.. THIS CHAPTER TOOK MY HOURS TO WRITE BYE