#29

📍 AECHA'S HOME.
6:21PM.
🙇🏻‍♀️ NO AECHA'S POV.

"Yeah, and then he brings me into his argument with Lee Chan and says in front of the whole school that I'm his girlfriend!" I screech like an eagle with my rants to my Uncle. He observes it and sipped a cup of coffee with a nod.

"At least you have a boyfriend now." Uncle chirped back as my mouth gaped open at his response. "Uncle! You're supposed to be on my side?" His face gets lift, he opened his eyes and told me that he wasn't on any side.

I motion him to stop talking by silencing him with my hand, "Uncle, stop." I say and he stops. His eyes roll, "Just invite Mark over. Get to know him." my eyebrows furrowed, I didn't believe he was making me do this. "No." I laugh.

"No?" He asked.
"No." I say.

I scoff and turn around when the door opened and 3 boys came in, "Hey, Mr. No! Are we having BBQ tonight?" it's been awhile since Seungmin came over, sorta missed him to be honest.

"Hmm.. sure, kid." Uncle smiled at him, "Alright!" Seungmin smiled back and gave him a high-five when he skipped all the way over to my uncle and I.

"Minjae, can you get the seats from the garage? Set them up in the backyard." Uncle Hyun-chan told him and Minjae gave a silly thumbs-up before running outside. "Aecha, start the fire- but, call Mark first."

I grab my hairs in frustration and soon groaning. "Don't be like that, Aecha. Go do it." Uncle told me, I rolled my eyes at him and stuck my tongue out like a child getting a punishment.

Before I knew it, I called Mark and invited him over for dinner, "Is it something s-" I yell at him to stop, "It's nothing! Just come." after my shouting, he just said, "Okay! Bye." he ended the phone call.

I then put my phone in my pocket and walk down from my room, "There. I called him. What else?" I asked Uncle Hyun-chan with disrespect that clearly wasn't controlled by my brain. "Hm, not sure. Go outside and start the fire." He tells me again.

I sigh. Walking to the patio, I stomped on the grass when I got on it and picked up the top of the bonfire. I pick up the charcoal and dump some into it before starting the fire like how I knew how to.

When the fire started, I came back to the house and the doorbell rang. "That's Mark. Go get it." Uncle demanded, he was being subtle with everything he said to me. I did what he asked- told me to do.

I went for the door and opened it, Mark's hair was a mess and I saw him. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" He asked me and I gave him a weird face. "Huh? No. Nothing happened, I just wanted to have you over for dinner." I tell him.

"I- You- Ugh," He smacked his head. Looking over at my the man behind me, he gave him a sincere look. "I'm sorry for looking like this, Mr. No. I thought it was an emergency." Mark explained to him.

"No worries, kid. Come on in, we're having BBQ tonight." I pulled Mark in and smiled when closing the door, "What is going on?" he whispered to me. "Tsk, I told him-" His eyes opened, "You told him what happened at school?!" he whisper-shouted.

I nodded, "Oh, no.." he worried. "It's fine. He just wants to get to know you." I smile brighter and push him closer to the backyard. "Set up the lights." I tell him, he gives me a confused look and just shrugged when running over to the fences and got the fairy lights up.

Coming back inside, breathlessly, I got a glass of water for myself. "Hm, invite another friend to make this occasion bigger." I tell him I have no more friends but he shrugs and tells me to invite anyone and the only person that came to mind was Tzuyu.

But, she's probably busy. She's rich and she probably has other friends or mutuals to be closer first. "Ah, whatever- Mark!" I shout his name when walking outside. I'm not super close with Tzuyu meaning I don't have her number so Mark must have it.

"Huh? What's wrong, Princess?" He turned around after hanging a couple more pieces of lights. "Can your princess borrow your phone?" He chuckled and asked why, "I need Tzuyu's number." eyebrows furrowed at me when I spoke.

"What makes you think I have it?"

📖 : published | 04/09/21
📝 : hello! i started my break idk what to call it but I think it's going well. i've been just watching a lot on Netflix and reading while listening to music before i started binging movies. anyways, i really hope you enjoy this! i love you so take care and stay safe <3 i care about u and love u vv much so take care of yourself