Barbara: Wait. I recognize him.

Nightwing: You do?

Barbara: Yeah. he was a senior at Gotham high.

Bruce: Was?

Barbara: Went missing about two years ago. We never really talked to each other. He was a good student and was kinda popular but sometimes acted like a delinquent. You know, prank the principal, flood the halls that kind of stuff.

Damian pulled up Y/n's student file after hacking into the Gotham High servers. It showed a pretty clean record and impressive grades.

Barbara: That's him. Y/n L/n.

Bruce memorized all the info including Y/n's parent's address then went into his changing room for another suit. Damian turned when Batman stepped out.

Damian: Where are you going father? To arrest him? Why? because he killed Joker? I see nothing wrong with that. In fact, You should've killed him a long time ago.

Nightwing: Robin.

Damian:What? You know I'm right. Plus, we were all thinking it.

Nightwing sighed before he smacked the back of Damian's head. Damian glared at him while rubbing his head.

Batman: That's not the point. The problem is with Joker dead, the city will go wild. Gangs trying to take his territory, villains will go after Y/n and the Joker gang will come after him for revenge. We have to find him before they do.

Damian: Oh.

Batman: Suit up and let's go.

........................................................................

Harley screamed with tears streaming down her face as she smashed a table to bits with her mallet. The chair was next then the coffee table then the flat screen TV that had brought her the news of her pudding's death. She kept beating it with her mallet until it broke in two.

The henchmen had long left the place in fear of their lives. She was all alone in her grief and heartache. The adrenaline faded and she fell to the floor, sobbing loudly and trying to wipe the never ending tears. He was evil, insane and she knew that but he was still hers and no one had any right to take him away from her.

She stopped crying two hours later and was curled up in a ball mumbling to herself.

Harley: Mister J. I'll avenge you mister J. I'll do it no matter what it takes.

........................................................................

Penguin took a slow drink of wine as he watch the news broadcast. His smile broadened when the image of y/n and a request for any info on his whereabouts came on screen.

Penguin:  So, that raving lunatic was finally done in, aye? About bloody time. I've been waiting a long time for this day.

Henchman1: Hey boss?

Penguin: What is it? Come on, spit it out.

henchman1: What do we do now?

Penguin: Find that brat. He killed The Joker. Everybody's gonna be gunning for a piece of him. And I plan on having an auction. He'll fetch a nice price.

Henchman1: Sure thing boss.

........................................................................

Red Hood stomped on the hand of the criminal that was reaching for a gun. The scream of pain echoed in the warehouse that they were in.

Red Hood: Looks like today is your lucky day, you get to live. Someone just did my job for me and though I would have liked to have been there, I'm not complaining.

Red Hood: But he's now a problem that needs to be taken care of.

He shot the criminal in the knee to prevent him from getting away. The guy screamed again and grabbed his destroyed knee.

Red Hood: I've got places to be and I don't want to hear about you ever again. Now stay put until the cops get here, got it?

The poor guy could only nod in pain as he clutched his knee. Red Hood grappled to the roof and once outside jumped on his bike and rode away.

........................................................................

Y/n walked hunched over in the rain that had suddenly began to fall. He whistled a nursery rhyme tune to himself, adjusting his backpack every once in a while when it became too uncomfortable. He hadn't been here in over a year now but there was no way he would ever forget the way home. The memories of the days spent running around with friends came rushing back as he walked past landmarks of his youth.
He stopped at a familiar staircase and reached under a loose block to pick up the spare key they always left there.

He hopped up the stairs to the front door and and opened it without knocking. He closed it behind him and walked into the living room removing his hoodie along the way. The fireplace sent heat waves that spread a warm feeling throughout his body. Although the brightly lit room hurt his eyes a bit, he soon got used to it.
He could hear soft classical music playing some where in the house. Her favorite song to play whiles cooking or tending to her garden.

Mom: Welcome back son. You little rascal.

Y/n: Hey, Ma.

Mom: Well what are you waiting for? Come give me a hug.

Y/n smiled and run into his mother's arms. He hugged her tight as if he would never let her go. She laughed and stepped back to look at his face.

Mom: My sweet, sweet, handsome boy. You've grown thinner. You haven't been eating properly, have you?

Y/n: No Ma. I'm sorry. I'll take better care of myself. Okay?

Mom: Good. Now come on, dinner is ready and we don't want it to get cold now do we?

Y/n shook his head then followed her into kitchen where a table with two chairs was setup. A serving of his favorite food was spread out for him. He stood there jaw agape at the sheer quantity before him.

Mom: Well, don't stand there looking like an idiot. Sit down and eat.

Y/n wiped a tear out of his eye discreetly hoping she wouldn't notice but she. She was by his side in a flash, rubbing his cheek, brushing the tears away.

Mom: Oh don't cry. Mommy is here. There's no reason to cry when I'm with you.

She clutched his hands together in her small frail ones. Her body began to shine as a smile lit up her face.

Mom: And I will always be with you.

Y/n opened his eyes to see she had disappeared. He opened his hands to see the locket she had given him.

The house was back to its cold, dark empty self, no food no music no light, the way he had left it 2 years ago. The day Mom died.