26- Let's go to the sea-side!

Start from the beginning

Suddenly I heard someone laughing and turned my head sideways to find her coming out of the house with a lady. The lady said something to her and she laughed even more shaking her head. I just stared at her face which showed nothing but perfection. An involuntarily smile appeared on my lips and my heart beat quicken. During this whole time, she had grown more beautiful, I thought.

She looked up and her eyes met mine. The beautiful smile she was wearing faded slowly and she lowered her eyes again. This gesture brought me back to the earth and I noticed my surroundings. I saw Nouman beside me looking at her with the same intensity as mine or maybe more. I felt a punch in my stomach and lowered my eyes which turned glassy.

"Assalamoaliakum bachon" that lady said and the next moment her face lit up with her heavenly smile, "aray ap tu dhoombros hona" she said, and I smiled.

She reminded me of mom, how I wanted her and hug tightly and tell her what I am feeling and how I am suffering, on this a tear escaped my eye with the mixed emotions and I quickly wiped it away before anyone noticing it.

"Apko kon nahe janta aur Phir Zoha kay hotay hua bilkul bhe nhe" she said I forced out a smile.

I noticed Kanza standing with her and avoiding the eye contact with me because she looked at everyone giving her best smile except me. Maybe mad at me for not even congratulating her, I thought, but how I could do this... This. The most hurtful thing to wish your lover a happy life with someone else.

"Yeh Uzair aur Maheen kahan reh gaey hain we are getting late" Nouman said glancing at his watch.

"Here we are" someone said behind us and we all turned around in a dramatic way that a chuckle escaped my lips upon noticing.

"OH MY GOD! this.is.so.not.happening" the girl who just arrived said looking at us in an utter shock.

"Well..." Nouman said smiling. Looks like another fan.

"Hello everyone" Uzair said coming ahead and shaking hands with all of us.

"Hi Hussain" the girl said shyly and Hussain upon noticing gave her one of his killing smiles and she ended up in Uzair's arm.

"Sain phut aram nal, nal uday uda boyfriend ve ha" I whispered to him but loud enough that everyone except the newcomers heard it and laughed. I turned my face to find her smiling too. That smile which is everything I fell for.

"Okay I think you guys should get going now" I heard aunty behind me and turned around to face her.

"Aunty ap nahe aa rahe?" Waqas said pulling out his best smile.

Saala hamesha say sab ko acha ban kay dakhata hay aur Jo achay hain wo gaey barh main, I thought considering myself in those achay log.

"Nahe beta ap log enjoy karo, main ghar main reh kr apnay kam krti hoon" she replied.

"Chalo Sami take them to the bus and you guys settle down I am coming" Nouman said.

We all picked our bags and went to the garage with Sami leading us. I turned to look if Kanza is also coming with us. But there she stood with Nouman and his mom talking and laughing like a most happy girl. My heart ached, and I gulped in hard.

"Ouch!" a small whisper escaped Zoha's mouth when I suddenly stopped, and she collided right with me.

"Sorry" I said smiling and she also smiled shyly.

Oh, Shehry beta, tu iss ka favourite lag raha hay. I gave her one of my best smiles and went to others.

Soon Nouman and Kanza also came. We were already sitting in the bus. I was sitting with Soniya, Hussain with Atif, Waqas with Hafsa, Maheen with Uzair and Nouman defiantly with Kanza. Sami and Zoha were like sitting alone on one of the remaining spaces. Driver got in and soon we were out of the posh neighbourhood where Nouman lived on to the busy streets of NYC. Kanza and Nouman were opposite to me but one seat ahead. Every now and the I saw him leaning towards Kanza and saying something to her and she either laughs or reply him.