27 : At My Worst

This place holds countless memories for her may it be happy or bitter one that she experienced throughout her adolescents days.

Her first love and her last.

Her road to marriage.

Then there's the assault accross Ninth Street.

Her pregnancy revelation at Dr. Toh clinic in the Seventh Street after she suddenly passed out in her house.

"Mom... Are you alright? You don't look good." Beam worriedly asked after her mother seemingly painful expression bothered him as soon as the car entered District 9 area.

"Don't worry Beam, she's fine. Its our hometown. We grew up here." Beam's father answered on behalf of his mother, his hand is squeezing Yaya's hand to help her calm down.

"Grandma lives here?! So we're going to grandma house? Is mummy there grandma?" Lily cogwheels seems to be working extra brilliant that day connecting the dots.

Every eyes fixed at Beam's mother for confirmation. No wonder she's very confident knowing where Mook might be hiding herself.

"Someone bought the house a month ago. I didn't asked our lawyer for the buyer details and just told him to proceed. But I have a hunch maybe she did after her phone call location got detected. I hope I'm not wrong.. If I do.. then we're back at square one." Beam's mother theorised.

Kem especially feels a bit relief with the new information because as for now his chest is having tonnes of heavy load since Mook disappearance and her goodbye call earlier adding more to the weight load.

As they're busy swimming in their own thoughts, the car pull over in front of a beautiful 3-storey English architecture bungalow with high fences.

"Huh! Luckily she still haven't change the gate yet so I think my key can open these." Yaya announced and search for her keys in the bag and opened the gate successfully. Kem quickly barges into the compound as soon as the gate is opened leaving the other dumbfounded.

"Hmm.. Good son-in-law you have there. I totally approved!" Yaya teased giving Mr.Narinrak a thumb up which he returned with a smile.

"She deserves it after all the unfortunate thing happened to her." Mook's father expressed with a pang of guilt in his heart for abandoning his children just because he hated their mother.

Inside, Kem was already shouting Mook's name and searching for her in every doors he finds in his way.

"Moe..." He finally see her inside a room lying on the bed but she's not responding to his call at all. Kem shakes her several times before his skin contacting her cold sweaty body.

"She needs medical attention. She's having a fever." Kem stated as soon as everyone is inside the room.

"We can't take her to the hospital. She's wanted. I'll call Pha or Kit instead to attend her. Is it okay here or we need to transfer her to your house?" Beam suggested.

"Lets just stay. We'll be safe here as even Dome haven't found her yet." Yaya indicated.

Kem agrees with them as long as Mook is safe.

~~~~~

"Good news is, she won't die. I put an IV on her but no solid food yet, this woman haven't got any proper meal since a week ago based on her condition. Crazy woman! How can she always be in trouble everytime I met her?!" Kit grumpily gives out his diagnostic to the family.

Ming, Beam and Lily who had already encountered and used to witness the constant bicker between Mook and Kit smile a little at his rants.

"You should've told me she can walk already." Beam complained to Kit for not telling him about Mook condition.