5 : Lost Star

"Be..Beam.." Mook weakly said. Then her gaze falls to the boy standing in front of Beam. It...it can't be, isn't it? But he call me mummy. Slowly her hand that is holding the IV needle falls to her side and she began to sob then it suddenly turns into a loud cry. Streams of tears falls rapidly from her eyes seeing Beam and maybe her child in front of her staring at her.

Earlier, Beam and Mark was shocked to a hear loud angry screaming voice echoing through the hallway. When Dome said it was Mook's, they quickly run to her ward and Beam was horrified to see Mook is bleeding from her neck from a needle in her hand. Luckily Mark was manage to stop her before she push the needle further into her flesh.

Beam feels relieved when Mook finally released the needle and he quickly walks towards Mook, engulfing her in his hug. He pats her back as he always do when she's feeling down back when there were housemates and kiss on her temple, ignoring the curious eyes witnessing their intimate moment.

"Shuushh...you're gonna be alright. We can make it too this time. I'll be by your side until this end. Don't worry, we won't leave you behind." Beam words feels like a lullaby in Mook's ear and her whole body relaxed hearing his voice. Being in Beam embrace, it feels like she can finally let out the heavy burden pressing her chest since his brother passing that's making it hard for her to even breath.

The spectators in the room were very stunned to see the interaction between Beam and Mook. Its been days and no one even her family nor Forth can make her open up like this. She looks calmer and composed like the Mook they used to know. And the kid calling her mummy? What was that?

"I've lost my brother Beam. And I can't walk. My will to go on..." Mook said in between her sob still having his face buried in Beam chest.

"He deserved his happiness and I'm not there to comfort him when he needs me. He calls me several times before he died but...." Mook tells her story. She was soo occupied with his new dress collection line she didn't even bother to check on her phone.

"Its not your fault.. Its not anyone fault. He made his decision." Beam whispered softly for her to hear.

"He's gonna be very sad seeing you like this Moe. Your leg can be fix. You just need to gather your senses back. You look like crap!" Beam scolded his best friend not liking how she take her life for granted ignoring everyone alive that loves her.

"Now, don't let that little guy see you like this. He already hated you to his core." Beam added, looking at Mark. Mook turn his eyes to Mark direction who is standing beside Beam.

My child. Mook slowly raise his trembling hand to touch Mark but darkness engulfed her first and she passed out in Beam hugs.

"Moe!! Call the doctor." Beam instructed as he lays her properly on the bed slowly. Beam just noticed that his cloth were now red, smeared with Mook's blood that flows from the wound on her neck.

Dome quickly press the emergency button on the bed and a group of doctor and nurses rush in a minute later and ushers them out from the room. Everyone is wearing their worry face and waiting for the doctor to get out.

Then after 20 minutes, the doctor exited the room and say that Mook was dehydrated and she must consume foods or her health will deteriorate and she can die from starvation. They treated her wound and and its not life threatening.

"I'll make sure she will do that doctor. Can you arrange for her to transfer to The Kongthanin's. My friend there already found her a specialist to treat her spine problem but she must do it there at their rehabilitation ward." Beam relay his request to the doctor in charge and he immediately agree to it.

"Thank you son for helping our daughter. We... I'm..." Mook father chocked on his words and he sigh deeply speechless from the unfortunate events keeps happening in his family and Beam presence really are like a sunlight beaming through his family dark clouds.

Beam scanned the old man talking to him from head to toe, he looks completely tired with his panda eyes, disheveled hair and slumped shoulder. But he looks so different from the pictures that Beam saw in his mother possession still mom was right, I do have his eyes, maybe.

Yeah, there is nothing like a coincidence, meeting Mook wasn't a coincidence. Beam plans for them to be housemate. Beam knew about his father when he was looking for his birth certificate for school purpose then he saw his picture, bunches of love letters he gave his mother, the ring and his father wedding invitation, with another bride name on it not of his mother.

Beam confronted his mother about his discovery but his mother keeps mum about it and only after ignoring his mother for almost a month, she finally give in and tells him their story.

"Its okay sir. I'm used to her mood swings. I think its best if we let her rest first. I'll come back later to visit her again." Beam nervously said. He was supposed to hate this man for hurting his mother but it seem he can't. Maybe because Mook is more important right now.

"The kid, he calls her mummy." Mook's mother interjected curios about Beam and Mark relationship with Mook. They seem to be too close to each other to be just 'bestfriend'. Forth is another of Mook closest male friend but never have she saw him being lovey dovey with Mook like that or maybe its because he's a known gay. Her early assumption would be Mark is Beam's and Mook's son. Well he did looks a little like his daughter.

Another thing that is throwing her off is Beam resemblance to his late son, Brian. The can pass as siblings standing side by side. They can even pass as twin. So she feels completely confused right now.

"I call him daddy. He's my brother. Phi Mook is my brother bestest friend in the whole world, so I will call her mummy. Its a family thing. I don't expect you to understand it. You have fail my mummy as a parent." Mark without any face expression bluntly said to his 'grandparents'.

Mook's parent blinks their eyes hearing the little boy remarks and that made them speechless. Did they fail as he said..

Gosh this kid is ice cold!!

Beam widen his eyes at Mark's snarky remarks towards the olders and quickly cupped his mouth to stop him from spitting any nonsense further more.

"He's....emm..born like that!...Yeah!.. Sorry we need to leave first. Haha.. Bye!" Beam awkwardly tried to ease the already awkward atmosphere cause by the little guy. How can he just said that on their face??!!!

"Phi Dome I think we will rest first. I'll come again later this night to make sure she's eating." Beam said so Dome excuses himself from his parent to bring Beam and Mark back to their accomodation.

~~~~

"Wow!! Are you sure we are at the right place Phi? It looks...fancy?" Beam asked feeling unbelievable that Dome bring them to a luxury hotel. He doesn't like fancy places. He's a minimalist, fancy places chocked him up. Dome just smile and gesture Beam to enter the private lift.

"I can only escort you until here. Use this card to move the lift and press the penthouse floor button." Dome instructed and hands the keycard and Mark's luggage to Beam.

"You not coming? Anyone will meet us upstairs?" Beam asked again not comfortable with the whole arrangements. He prefers living in a normal comfortable apartment.

"You will be fine. He is waiting for you there." Dome said smiling meaningfully.

"He? Who?" Beam asked again but Dome already press the close button and leave Beam and Mark inside the lift. Mark took the keycard from Beam's hand and do as Dome instructed earlier than the lift move smoothly up and...

Ding!!!

The lift opened and a familiar face greets their arrivals. Beam gasped at the sight of the man standing in front of him.

No fucking way!!!!!

Moe!!!!