18 : Home Alone

Lily was finally home after spending his summer holidays at Smith's Summercamp for a month. She makes a lot of good memories there, one of them is befriending a weird man she once stamped as a creepy man.

But now after knowing him for about three weeks, she has maybeeee... changes his mind about the man. He's not as bad as she assumed the first time they met at the office door. But nonetheless she didn't let him enter her heart easily until....

Flashback

"Woah!! What is that thing?" Kayla said pointing at the blackboard in the hall. There is some alien writing on it according to some kids. But Lily knows it too well what that was. She learnt it from Mark's online classes. Her daddy even have a shelf full of that alien writing books stacked on his home office.

"Advance calculus.. hmmm.. interesting." Lily murmurs. Her brain already busy solving the question and walla!! Solved!! She satisfyingly smiled then scanned the area to find the one man she knows might have done that.

She spotted him not far from the hall sipping his coffee and move her feets towards his direction.

"Not bad for a creep. I can solve that without lifting a pen. Try harder. But anyway thanks. My rusty brain really need some exercise I guess. One month is too long without seeing that alien writing." Lily casually said finally feeling that opening his heart to the man she once deemed as creepy is one good move to be taken.

"That was just a warming up Lily. I got more if you're interested. Your genius brain can't be wasted like that. What are you doing here with kids? Why didn't you study your level, like your brother?" Kem declared. He was stunned to know that Lily is indeed enrolled in a normal school with syllabus she probably already mastered since she was one or two years old.

"Why am I here? What kind of question is that? I'm seven. I'm trying to be one. I can have the best of both worlds like that. I studied Mark books so no problems. He's good at teaching... I guess." Lily retorts. Its like having Mark lectures on her.

"I'm a good teacher!! I'll be mentoring you from now on so take this and hand it over to me tomorrow." Kem handed the file over and walk away leaving Lily blinking her eyes in confusion.

"What mento..?" She opened the file and her eyes immediately widen at the sight of lots of alien writing on the sheets of paper. It will be enough to feed her hunger of challenging calculus questions.

Because she finds Mark calculus's professor wasn't as interesting as before too. So she has been searching for other alternative to feed his brains with advanced knowledge. The internet and library! But its hard to do without guidance. Maybe she finally can have someone to help her.

Lily gratefully smiled.

End of flashback

Lily likes it when she doesn't have to hide her true potential at least to one person at the camp. Its like she got Mark by her side. She called him by the name Boss. She didn't knows his real name and he doesn't want to use the laptop or phones he lend to her to search on the man profile. She doesn't wanna get caught for not trusting him. He's a genius but his other personality who knows, she prefers to play safe as for now.

But as long as the man doesn't act creepy again, Lily will trust him wholeheartedly. She doesn't know why, but a part of her wanted this man to remain in her life.

So as soon as she got home, the first person she texted was him. That is not because she loves him more than her family but he keep bugging her to tell him first if she's home already.

"I'm safely landed on my bed Boss." She texted him.

"Good. No playing outside today. Just rest. I know if you do. I put spies around you." Kem texted back. He's not kidding. He is concerned about the kid safety because he thought Lily is one reckless kid.