Wakas

Wakas

Various suits and gowns of black and white greeted me as I entered the elegant hall of Casa Soriano hotel. I came here to represent our family. My parents are both busy. Papá is managing RKB while my mother is left in Costa Estrella, managing our properties there. Naroon din si Dylan dahil doon niya na napagpasyahang mag-aral pa rin ngayong taon. Looks like, he doesn't want to leave our mother alone. Naiintindihan ko dahil kung maari nga lang ay ako rin pero I have responsibilities now.

Many faces seem familiar to me. Mangilan-ngilan sa kanila ay kinausap pa ako. Well, business world is indeed small. Occasions like these are a great way to strengthen connections.

Pinasadahan ko ng tingin ang kabuoan ng venue at masasabi kong pinaghandaan ito nang maigi. It screams class and elegance. What should we even expect on the debut celebration of the Soriano's heiress?

Unlike us, the beautiful princess is wearing her golden puff-sleeved ballgown that compliments well with her porcelain skin. I wonder if she ever goes out of their palace. Most probably not.

"Happy birthday," I greeted her as I handed my gift.

Her eyelashes are long and curly. I don't know if it is natural or maybe because of those fake lashes used by the makeup artist. Kung dahil nga doon ay talaga nga namang bagay na bagay iyon sa kanya. Her makeup enhances her beauty. There is a tiara placed on her twisted chignon hair. She looks gorgeous with it.

By just looking at her, it seems that she must be protected at all cost against the harshness of the world. She's like an angel who can't even hurt a fly. I understand why her parents treated her like an expensive glass.

"Thank you," she softly said without giving me a glance. My eyebrow lifted as I looked at her.

Why can't she look at me?

Oh! I think I know why.

Maybe she is dazed by my presence. Who wouldn't be? I am Nathan Aurelius Rivas. No woman can resist me.

I smirked with my thought.

"What do you think of the daughter of Gael?" papá asked me while we are drinking wine in our house' bar.

"Soriano?"

"Uh huh." He nodded.

"Well... She's beautiful." I look at the wine glass that I am holding. Suddenly, her innocent face flashes in my mind.

Her eyebrows are thick and straight. Her small pointed nose adds innocence to her whole frame. And her thin but luscious lips are too die for.

Such a beauty.

"Anything else?"

I looked at my father who is expecting more words from me.

Nagkibit-balikat na lamang ako. "Why?"

"What do you think on the idea of you, marrying her?"

My forehead creased by that.

My parents are not a believer of marriage for convenience that's why it is so out of character from them. What happened?

"Why do you suddenly think of that?"

My father chuckled before he looked at me again. "You're almost 25. Matanda ka na, Nathan. Baka hindi na kami magkaapo niyan ni Griselda."

"25 is not that old."

"Tell me, son. Are you thinking of any woman for you to marry? Mikayla perhaps?"

"Ayla is only a sister to me."

"Exactly. When do you want to settle down? Your mother and I are not getting any younger."