Kabanata 40

This is the last chapter. I hope you'll patiently wait for the wakas.

Kabanata 40

"Aren't you going to tell me what really happened?"

I sighed and look at my mother with my tired eyes. "Wala po."

She has been like this for these past few weeks, always asking me what happened but everytime I dismissed her, she didn't pry anymore and I hope one day she'll get tired with asking me that same question. Wala rin naman siyang makukuha sa akin.

"Thalia, I am your mother. You know that you can tell me anything, right?"

I don't know. The last time I trusted someone, it didn't end well.

I tried to show her my smile even if I can see worriedness in her eyes.

"Sige na po. I'll get going," saad ko sabay tayo. I grab my black satchel and then started to walk.

"Take care." Rinig ko pang pahabol ni mommy. Nilingon ko siya at tinanguan. She still managed to smile at me though.

I sighed and continue walking.

This is another day of my meaningless life, doing the same old routine everyday. I am used to it anyway. There's nothing new to it, so bland.

I glanced at the wall clock and sighed. I guess it is time for me to go home now. All I just wanted to do is to lie at the soft matress of my bed as my beige duvet embraces me. Iyon na lang ang pinakahinihintay ko sa pangaraw-araw, ang magpahinga kahit alam kong hindi naman no'n kayang pawiin ang pagod na namumutawi sa akin.

I am walking at the pavilion when my eyes met that same dark orbs. I straightened my posture as I walked on my way. I tried so hard not to pay attention to him yet I know that I failed.

My breathing hitched as we are walking closer and closer to each other. Nakahinga na lamang ako nang maluwag nang nalampasan na namin ang isa't isa.

Yes. This is what we are now. Both a stranger in each other's eyes and it should continue like that because it is better that way.

"Thalia."

My feet halted from taking another step when he calls my name. Nagdalawang-isip pa ako kung haharapin ko ba siya pero sa huli ay hindi ko na ginawa. Inalis ko na siya sa buhay ko. Kailangan ko iyong panindigan.

"Be happy, please," he said softly with his baritone voice before I heard his steps that are slowly fading from my ears.

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from crying. I shook my head and continue on walking opposite to his.

I admit, nanghihinayang ako sa relasyon naming dalawa. Kakasimula pa lang namin pero agad ding nagtapos ang pangalawang libro ng aming kwento. I don't know if the wind will allow for it to be written once again. Pero kung sakaling matutunan niya ngang mahalin si Mikayla then I will accept it wholeheartedly especially that I push that idea to him.

I will not be mad at him. Sa tingin ko ay hindi ko naman na kayang gawin pa 'yon. I love him with all my heart. It is just sad that I needed to let him go for his own happiness because I know I can never be able to give it to him especially that I am not whole to begin with.

Mommy locked me in her arms as soon as I entered the main door of our house. Her sobs invaded my ears that made me wonder why she is crying.

What happened?

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Thalia. Mommy doesn't know a thing," patuloy niyang wika habang nakayakap pa rin siya sa akin.

What is this all about?