Kabanata 28

Kabanata 28

"Who's the guy that you had a meeting with the other day?"

I looked at Jessica whose eyes are on her phone while sitting on the couch. Wala atang magawa ang babaeng ito sa buhay niya kaya dito sa opisina ko tumatambay.

"Why?" I asked and then she looked at me.

"He's freaking hot."

Napatingin ako sa kanya at ramdam kong napahigpit ang hawak ko sa ballpen. She laughed.

"Relax. What's the matter? Nagtatanong lang naman ako eh. It seems that your eyes can cut me into pieces."

I shook my head and bring back my attention to the papers on my desk.

"Wait... May chika ka ba?" Agad siyang tumayo at lumapit sa akin.

"Anong chika?" I asked with my eyes still on the paper.

"There is something going on with you and that hottie, right?"

I sighed before I looked at her with my passive face and disinterested eyes. "Nothing."

"Don't fool me, Thalia Soriano. I know a chika when I sense it."

"Wala. Nothing. Nada. So can you let me work at peace?" saad ko pero binigyan niya lang ako nang mapanuksong ngiti. I shook my head and continue working.

"Wait. If there's something going on between you and that guy, then how about Jayson?" she blurted that made me stop.

"You are aware of my brother's feelings towards you, right?"

"I do," I softly answered without looking at her as I remember the time Jayson confessed.

"Paano siya? Does he have a chance?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Why? It is just a yes or a no, Thalia. Bakit hirap na hirap kang sagutin?"

"Because I don't want to hurt him," I said but this time I looked straight into her.

"So it's a no."

"I hope you'll understand."

"Of course I do. Nakakalungkot lang dahil pwede pa naman kitang maging sister kung kayo sana ang magkatuluyan."

"I can still be your sister."

"Sisters for life kaya tayo," she said. "Anyways, what's the tea between you and the man from the other day?"

I rolled my eyes at her. "Ang kulit mo. Wala nga."

"I don't buy that crap. Sige na. Magshare ka naman."

I sighed feeling defeated. "We happened to have a mutual feelings back then."

"Then what happened? Naging kayo ba?" she asked in which I shook my head.

"How come? Kung mahal niyo ang isa't isa then you two can be together."

"Because he lied to me."

"Gaano kalaki ang lie na iyon upang magdrift away kayo?"

I know that sometimes lying doesn't always equates for being bad. Minsan kailangan lang talaga dahil maaring may prinoprotektahan o upang hindi na lumala pa ang sitwasyon. I know it because I also did lie to keep my identity a secret. I thought that is for the better and up until now I don't know if it really is or not. Pero kapag pinagsinungalingan ka rin pala ng taong lubos mong pinagkakatiwalaan ay napakasakit din pala kahit sabihin na nating may dahilan.

I don't know about his true intentions why he chose to lie to me and even though it is hard to admit, it is also my fault for not listening to his explanations before. I failed to give him that chance and maybe, it is irrelevant now. Wala naman nang magbabago. I know, I'll still choose to cut ties with him.