Chapter 26: Alpha Stage

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper, he didn’t turn to face me.

"He won't hurt me." I said.

"He already has..." Raze was hinting on something else.

I just looked at him trying to accept his words as a friend but I couldn't. Raze leaned on the door frame.

"Leave already." Night's voice rang from behind me.

I rolled my eyes and looked him apologetically. Raze finally pulled away from the door, smiled, though it was a tired, worn out smile, and disappeared into the night. I sighed and turned around, shutting the door behind me.

"We haven't talked for a while." Night said. His voice was sincere.

"It's not like we ever really talked before." I said.

“True, I guess…” Night said.

Something was off about him. Yes, he’s usually annoying but he seems kind of…bi-polar? Not the word, but he is acting off. I walked upstairs avoiding making any physical contact with him. To my surprise he didn’t attempt to touch me. I went into my room and crawled onto my bed. Night walked in and sat beside me.

“So what exactly is it that you’re doing here Night?” I ask.

“You’ve been training.” Night threw out of nowhere.

A little thrown back I said “Uh, yeah I have.” I remembered the have part clearly considering Raze and Naiomi don’t think it’s healthy for me to train like how I am now. WEAK. Something I clearly remember saying I wanted to change about myself.

“Why?” Night asked with a slight chuckle. It was the ‘You’re stupid for trying’ chuckle. It made me angry.

“Why not?” I ask. “What’s wrong with it?”         

“It’s just stupid. I can protect you. The pack can protect you.” Night said with distaste.

“That’s the thing. I don’t want your protection.” I said.

“What, you want Razes’ protection?” Night asked with astonishment.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” I asked angry.

“It means that you seem to be getting along really well with Raze. Suddenly you have no time for me. You always get angry whenever I have anything to say. You won’t listen to me. You refuse to make any contact with me. You’re freaking killing me!” Night threw all his thoughts at me.

I’m angry. Why is he just throwing anything he wants to say? Why does he suddenly feel the need to bring up Raze? I’m killing him? Please.

“Raze has absolutely nothing to do with this! It’s you Night. Every time I’m around you, you harass me. You hurt me. That’s why I don’t make contact with you!” I shouted at him.

Night was silent.  “That’s just how I show you..” he began.

“Show me..? Oh yeah? Why are you always talking about what Raze and I are doing?” I ask just for the hell of it.

“You’re always with him. I don’t even get to see you anymore.” Night’s voice took an octave down.

“Maybe because he’s a sweet guy, unlike you.” I said.

“You think he’s sweet?” Night says, not really asking.

I stayed quiet. Night was standing now and he walked closer to me. His eyes slowly met mine and he said “I think I’m in love with you Scarlett.”