9: Agreement 3

Magsimula sa umpisa

Natigilan naman ang doña na naghahanda ng hapagkainan nila. Then she looked at Mateo and was even surprised a bruise on his face.

Malia, who was helping Doña Teresa, also saw that at agad na napasinghap.

"Nag-away na naman ba kayong dalawa, Kuya?"

"I didn't fight with him." This was more said to Doña Teresa than an answer to Malia's question. "I told him about my engagement to Mayumi. It is natural for him to get angry."

Napahinga na lang ng malalim si Doña Teresa.

"Come here. Let's put an ice pack on that bruise."

Si Malia naman ay natulala na sa kinatatayuan niya.

She only came back to her senses nang makabalik si Doña Teresa at may dala dala ng ice pack.

"What?! You and Yumi are engaged?!"

***

"Are you going to drink that lots?"

It was a question na nagpalingon kay Mikael sa katabing upuan niya.

And he was stunned upon seeing Mayumi there.

"You are not supposed to be here." Kunot noong sermon niya sa dalaga.

"Neither are you."

"Yumi..."

"I was on my way home when I saw you entered this place. I've decided to follow you then."

Sandaling natahimik ang dalawa.

Mikael came in this pub to drink. But he couldn't do that anymore because of Yumi's presence.

He ended up swirling the shot glass on his hands.

"Mikael, can't we just be friends?"

"I never intend to be your friend, you know that. I came to your mansion with only one purpose. To woo you to become mine."

"Yeah, I know."

Once again, silence came to the two of them.

However, Mikael was no longer that angry. He just couldn't bring himself to get angry at her.

"What do you even like about him, anyway? He is so arrogant and he thinks he can have everything he sets his eyes on."

Yumi smiled. "I am also not sure. But I guess, that's just how it really works. Feelings make a person blind."

"I guess so."

"Do you hate me now?"

"How can I? I can hate Mateo for all of his life, but I cannot feel that towards you."

"Thank you. Mateo's tough. He can afford you hating him. In the first place, he wouldn't pursue me if he didn't want to offend you at all. But not me. I do not want you to hate me."

Mikael raised an eyebrow at her. "Are you fanning my anger now towards your... fiancee?"

"Maybe?"

That made them chuckled.

Mikael sighed and then stood up. After that ay sinuot niyang muli ang coat niya.

"Let's get you home, Yumi. If your Lola finds out that I cause you to enter a place like this, she would not like that at all."

"But you just paid for these drinks."

"It's okay. Let's go."

"I will if you go home first. I have my carriage. I will send you home first and then the coachman can send me back after."