It Will Always Be You

Start from the beginning

Garrick exhaled a long breath and turned away his face "He was responsible."

"Had your father died saving the mother of Einar, would you have said the same thing?"

"That's different. It would have been an honor to die while trying to save the Luna."

"Then your father died with honor. He saved your future alpha's mate."

Garrick gritted his teeth "They don't belong together."

"And we do?"

Garrick was speechless for a moment. The comparison seemed unfair to him. Moreover he was unable to understand why the lady could not comprehend a simple fact that the men were going against the laws of nature. He looked with conformity at his mate "We are different from them."

"Because we belong to different genders and we can reproduce. That's what you want to say?"

The growing anger in Fayette was making Garrick anxious but he had to try and make her see reason "It is more complicated than that. Einar is the alpha. He needs an heir to carry on his blood line. Whereas Ashton is a male, a non shifter. No one would be acceptive of them. They will make the pack unhappy."

"And what about their happiness?"

"Einar is an alpha first."

"What about Callan?"

"What about him?"

"Doesn't he deserve a chance to be with Einar; with his mate"

Garrick shook his head firmly "He doesn't."

"Why is that?"

He abruptly stood from his place in anger "Because he is cursed!"

Fayette giggled at Garrick's foolishness "He is more than that."

"Your are blinded and so you would never see the truth."

"And what truth is that?"

Garrick's temperament was refusing to hold the barrier. He tried hard to be normal but seeing his mate defending Callan was making him angry. "Why are we even talking about him? Its between you and me. Why cant you give me a chance?"

Fayette slowly stood from her place and faced the wolf with defiance "For the past several years you have knowingly unknowingly tortured my friend. You have hurt him time and again with your words; with your actions. He didn't say anything because he felt responsible for your parents death which he was not. Even after so much you've put him through, he still thinks good about you."

"No he doesn't."

Fayette scowled her eyes a bit more as she shook her head in disagreement "I have never liked you for how you treated him. Yet he is the one, who still comes up to me to tell me how good of a person you are. How you would love me through eternity. He wants me to be paired with you because he thinks I cannot get a better husband than you."

"That cant be true." Garrick shook his head in disbelief.

"He has high regards for you. Time and again you are breaking the connection of love between Einar and Callan. Your not just hurting my friend but you are hurting your friend as well. You cant bear to see the rejection in my eyes. Have you ever imagined what it must be like for those two! Your meddling in the way of your goddess. You cant see them together because you don't have a good heart."

It was a big blow. It was clear that Fayette did not see him in a good light and that was breaking his heart. Garrick kneeled in front of the woman and pleaded with his crying eyes. "Please don't say that. I promise to love you forever. I will give you all the happiness in the world. I can fight anyone for you. Just please don't leave me."