2: Half a Year Later 2

Start from the beginning

Hindi na napigilan ni Koshi ang sarili at saka siya tumayo at nilapitan ang kapatid. Then he gave her a hug.

"My poor little sister..." He said with a tap on her head.

"Kuya..." Yumi made a face towards him which made him chuckled.

Amelia felt warm after seeing this.

It was true that she gave birth to Yumi and fostered Daichi, Asahi and Koshi. But she couldn't take credit for raising the four of them.

She owed it all to her parents. Lalo na kay Lolo Pikit.

Now that he was gone, marapat lang na ipagpatuloy niya ang pag-aalaga sa mga anak niya. But after living and being with them these past few months, it was like she didn't need to do anything at all anymore.

These four kids were already grown ups.

Fine young lads and lady, indeed...

What's more, her foster kids surely loved and treasured Yumi so much. What else could she even ask for?

Anyway, naputol ang iniisip ni Amelia when Yumi suddenly asked her a question.

"Mama, how about you? Are you ready to see Papa again?" Yumi even raised an eyebrow at her. Then both she and Koshi had a teasing smile on their faces.

Amelia cleared her throat.

"I am ready, of course. Why won't I? It is just seeing him, after all."

"Really?"

Amelia flicked Yumi's forehead. "Stop teasing. Continue working."

Yumi and Koshi just chuckled at nagpatuloy na sila sa ginagawa nila.

***

Isang umaga, inabutan ni Yumi na nagtatali ng sulat si Mateo sa paa ng isang kalapati. After that, he let the bird fly away.

When he saw Yumi standing at the window, he leaned on the tree behind him then crossed his arms on his chest.

"Good morning." He greeted her with that side grin of his.

Inirapan lang siya ni Yumi.

"Go back, Mateo. Wala kang mahihita dito."

"I'd rather not. Unless you will come with me."

Yumi squinted her eyes at him.

"I do not know you can be this loyal towards someone, eh? Or is it only to Don Enrico? Does he scare you? Is that why you are doing everything to make me come back there?" She said in hushed voice.

Anyway, she knew Mateo would hear it. He was a martial artist. His senses were trained to be better than normal people.

She just couldn't risk anyone there to hear this conversation of theirs. Lalo na nila Amelia at ng mga kapatid niya.

Besides, her words were harsh because she hated Mateo. And if anyone would hear her saying those, baka magulat lang sila ng husto at mahusgahan pa siya dahil doon.

However, no matter how harsh her words were, Mateo didn't seem to mind it at all.

"No one could make me do things I do not want to do... unless it is you."

"Yeah? Then I am telling you to go back now and give me some peace of mind."

"Except for that."

"Bastard..."

Mateo only chuckled.

Then he began walking towards the window where she was standing from inside.

He stopped exactly in front of her.

"I hate you." Yumi said to him quietly, with full of despise.

"It's okay. I have enough feelings of like for the two of us." Mateo even managed to lift his hand para hawiin ang iilang buhok ni Yumi na kumawala mula sa kanyang ipit.

Yumi was seething after that.

The nerve of this guy!

She was about to slap his hand away from her when someone coughed from behind her.

Since Mateo was facing her, he naturally saw who that person was.

"Magandang umaga, Daichi."

"Magandang umaga din. Mayumi, halika at tulungan mo akong maghanda ng almusal."

"Let me join you then." Mateo offered.

"Kuya, how about kayo na lang dalawa ang maghanda? I will not be of much help anyway."

Daichi wanted to talk to his sister about Mateo. Pagsasabihan niya sana ito. Truth be told, there were instances na natatagpuan nilang mataman na nag-uusap ang dalawa ng sila lang. And that confused them since most of the time, iniignora lang ng dalaga si Mateo.

Those moments though should be prevented. They should observe a sense of propriety between them. Lalo na at mga dalaga at binata sila.

But since Mateo offered, tumango na lang siya at hinayaang makaligtas mula sa sermon niya si Yumi.

Anyway, there would be more time for that.

***