That was unless they wanted Crestmont to find us...

My mind began racing with thoughts, trying to put everything together but there was a huge piece of the puzzle missing. Nothing was making sense and I knew there was more to the story that I was being told. My question was who was keeping what from me?

"If only your mother knew her kids would follow in her footsteps.." Nixon let out a deep sigh as he stared down at the photo on his phone before looking up at me "The three of you. All living a double life, your poor daddy. Ashton has lied to his whole life." 

I hadn't even thought about the double lives Aster and I were living. I was so mad at my mom for hiding everything from me yet I am doing it to my dad. A wave of guilt came over me instantly as I thought of my dad and all the lies he's been told. 

"Ashton Ambrosia. 46 years old, and loving husband to Ashlynn Elias. Grew up in Seattle Washington, and took a trip to New York where he met your mother. They began dating while he temporarily moved out to New York. After a year, he proposed and they got married before moving to Washington to start a family." Nixon explained my dad's life story, making me nervous that he had all this information on him. 

"I will give you two options." He started as he slid a laptop in front of me on the coffee table "You will skype your dad, and you will tell him you have run away from home, not wanting to ever return back. You won't answer any questions, you are just saying you are calling to say goodbye."

"What's my other option?" I swallowed a lump in my throat, glancing from the laptop to Nixon. I couldn't call my dad and tell him goodbye forever, he had already lost so many people he loved- it would ruin him. I couldn't break his heart, especially seeing him after he had lost my mom. 

"Your second option is," Nixon said as he pulled a gun out from his side and pointed it at me "I put this bullet through that pretty little head of yours. Choose wisely, Ambrosia."

"Oh cause that's totally fucking fair." I rolled my eyes as sarcasm filled my tone. I either have to break my dad's heart or get killed, totally makes sense if you ask me. I sighed as they opened the laptop, and went to skype before typing in my dad's number.

They positioned the laptop so the camera would only show from my shoulders up, avoiding the chains. I took a deep breath as my heartbeat began to race. The call began ringing and with every ring, I felt like I was losing air as I began to panic.

I glanced from the black screen to everyone in the room who was all watching intently. I closed my eyes shut tightly, waiting for this nightmare to end. I thought of what I could do to tell him this wasn't real and that I needed help but I had no idea how to be subtle about it.

Really wishing I knew Morse code right about now...

"Hey, honey." My dad's cheery voice answered, making my eyes snap open as I looked at the screen as my dad held his phone up to his face "I've been waiting for you to call, I miss you guys so much. How has school been?"

I looked up from the laptop, looking over to Nixon as I give him a pleading look to not make me do this. His eyes bored into mine as he gave a slight nod to the laptop, waiting for me to do it. "Dad...I didn't call to talk about school." I forced the words out as I held back tears in my eyes.

"Ok?" He said confused "What'd you want to talk about then sweetheart? How did your birthday go? I heard Aster said it went really well-"

"I ran away." I blurted the words out, and my dad's words soon stopped mid-sentence. He furrowed his brows together, giving me a confused look "Aspen, W-what do you mean?" 

"I ran away. I couldn't deal with Aster's anymore." I shook my head at the thought of the lies that were coming out of my mouth. "Ok, you could've talked to me about it. You can move down to North Carolina with me, but you need to go back for now-" He started, trying to stay calm at my random acts of rebellion.