18 | sparkly lids and pink lips

Jimin

The next day, I just go about my day with a faint headache buzzing my temples from my drinking spree last night. As far as my recollection goes, I only remember myself building something like a fort made out of the beach chairs in the front yard. However, I can't recall what happened after that and judging from the nasty smell in the bathroom, I probably threw up everything I had consumed. 

I hang out with Tae, Sam and Dylan on campus, but I haven't seen Yoongi all day which is something I'm relieved about since he used me in order to keep an eye out for Nox. If I'm being honest, I don't really think he approached me solely for that reason, as I genuinely enjoy hanging out with him, but it's insulting to think that someone became your friend just so that they could gain something out of it. I really hate it when people disrespect me like that and I simply tend to ignore whoever isn't worth my time. 

On the other hand, I haven't seen Nox either while I was at the apartment. Usually, she does laundry in the mornings and today I didn't see her walking to the laundry room in her peach colored sweats and dusty pink flip flops. I happened to see her brother Axel though, who was leaving with some girl whom I assume is his girlfriend and they're meeting in secret. I place my bets on the fact that Nox is unaware of the fact that her little brother is spending time with a girl, but then again they were only walking to school.

I yawn tiredly as I'm shifting on my seat when Sam flashes me a dumbfounded glare. "Jesus what's wrong with you? You've been like a walking corpse ever since you arrived."

"I'm just tired." I raise my hood so that the light coming in from the windows doesn't find my face. 

"You look like the aftermath of a hangover." Dylan comments. "Did the masseuse douse you in vodka instead of oil while breaking the knots on your back?"

"About that, what the hell happened yesterday?" Sam inquires. "Nox stormed out of the room totally pissed and then you slammed the door on my face. What the fuck was that?"

Arching my neck, I screw my eyes shut. "Please, stop talking." Damn, I need coffee.

"Are you serious?" Taehyung intervenes. "They just left?"

"Dude I don't fucking know at this point. I didn't even pay the girl."

"Oh my fucking God," I exclaim, my voice still groggy. "If you really need to know what happened, Nox is my neighbor and she has some issues that I happened to find out unexpectedly and she got angry at me because it was intrusive and disrespectful. Now please be quiet."

"Is that why you look like shit?" Sam coos. "She's gonna get over it dude. Nox is temperamental and hotheaded alright, but she doesn't hold grudges very long. If you told me sooner, you wouldn't have to go drink your ass off. She's like the most chill person I know."

"Anyway, enough of Jimin's shit," says Taehyung after a while. "You guys have any plans tonight?"

"Nope," 

"Not really,"

"Let's go at the Sage tonight." He continues swiftly. "Drinks are on me."

"You just had to plan this now Tae." I blow out. 

"Not my fault you let shit affect you this deeply."

"What's the occasion?" Dylan questions and the edges of Taehyung's mouth tilt into a squarish smile.

"I managed to land the tutoring job I was telling you about in the group chat." He proceeds. "You know, for extra credit and stuff."

"That's great Tae," I try my best to sound cheerful, but my excitement comes out more underwhelming than it should. "How many students are you gonna tutor?"