17 | a fort made out of beach chairs

Start from the beginning

"What the hell-" I manage and walk towards the fountain when I see a familiar dark haired figure crouched inside of the cocoon made out of random beach chairs. His back is facing me. "Jimin?"

How in the world did he manage to get in there? Scratch that, how does he even fit in there?

How flexible is this guy?

The closer I get, the more intense grows the smell of beer and smoke. "Jimin? What are you doing?" I ask him and at last he turns around in that little cage.

"Oh, it's Ginger! Hi!" Jimin says, his face flushed red. Four cans and a bottle of beer are standing right outside. Hense the stench. When he sees that I don't answer, he tilts his head like a puppy before continuing, "Didn't you understand what I just said? I said hi-hola-anneonghaseyo! Good morning-" A series of hiccups leave his mouth and his chest heaves in a way that signifies him swallowing down the puke that's rising up his throat.

"You're drunk." I comment amused.

"I don't get drunk beautiful. And do you know why? Because I have shit ton of work to do. I have an article due in two days about a hemmorhoid cream." He hiccups again. "You know, they put that on cupcakes with little sprinkles on the top!" That's when he breaks out laughing at the series of random things that come out of his mouth in this intoxicated state.

"I know what hemmorhoid cream is."

"Of course you do beautiful." He smiles and the little nickname makes my heart leap. "Did I mention that you're beautiful?"

That earns a wholesome laugh out of me, so I kneel down on the ground and cross my legs in front of his fort made out of orange and green beach chairs. "I don't think so," I say, secretely hoping he would say it again. He made me feel something warm and fluttery inside when he called me that.

Jimin gawks at me before running a hand through his fluffy brown hair. It's kind of damp now because of the sweat and his cheeks are rounder than usual. How adorable... "You're lying Ginger."

"Now why would I do that?" I ask, feigning innocence. This entire situation is hilarious. He won't remember anything tomorrow and somehow that makes this moment even more funny to me.

And dare I say, special.

I quickly take out my phone and snap a few pictures of the scene ahead of me. Who knows, maybe it will come to use someday.

"Because-" He scratches the nape of his neck while he thinks to himself. "Because...wait what was I saying?"

Sighing out of brief disappointment, I get back on my feet and move closer to the beach chair fort. "Jimin we need to get you out of there, before all those chairs will collapse on you."

"Let them collapse." He snorts. "I don't care."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because life sucks ass. I lost my girlfriend that I loved with everything I got and everyone else around me hated her. My mom didn't like her either did you know?" Jimin looks at me and I shake my head. "And today we had an ugly fight and then I had an ugly fight with Yoongi and now he's not my friend."

"Aw, why is that?" I question.

"Because he thinks he's smarter than everybody else. Unfortunately for us mortals, he's a genius."

I snort. "That sounds like Yoongi."

"He's a dumbass."

"Now how can he be a dumbass when he's a genius?" I giggle.

"Beats me."

"These chairs will beat you when they fall."

"That's what Yoongi said." He says sadly.