17 | a fort made out of beach chairs

Nox

After my little conversation with Jungkook, I was starting to feel more and more guilty about what happened earlier today at Sam's place with Jimin. Not only was I unprofessional by storming out of the room and abandoning my client, but I also took out my anger on him about a subject that didn't even concern him in the first place. I was insecure about my own personal life like I always was and somehow, I got triggered by mere meaningless suspicions and scenarios I made up in my head when Elijah dropped by the apartment to cause mayhem.

If anything, I should have been grateful to Jimin for standing his ground and for not letting him into the premises. Regardless of how he knows that my ex boyfriend was being abusive towards me in the past, he never once attempted to use that against me. In fact, he was only trying to be helpful. He even got me a Reese's bar and that's something I mistook as scheming behaviour. That's how fucking crazy I was. For God' sake, the man smiled at me from his car and I blew him off like snob. He didn't deserve that.

I was acting paranoid this entire evening and frankly I'm embarrassed about everything that I said to Jimin. Especially about the part when he told me that he wasn't used to having another stranger touching him so freely.

What about when you have sex then? Do you get queasy when a girl touches you?

Jesus what had gotten into me?

Who the fuck even says such a thing?

I let out a frustrated groan as I shift my position for what seems to be the millionth time on Jungkook's bed. Once my back faces the mattress, I place my hands on top of my chest and look up at the ceiling. The room is pitch black and the only eccence of sound is the shallow breathing coming from the handsome man sleeping next to me. I can't sleep. It's not that Jungkook is taking most of the bed (which he is, the man is fucking huge) and he's a pretty quiet and calm sleeper, but my brain is processing tons of thoughts per second that it doesn't give me a fleeting moment of peace.

"Shit," I hiss under my breath and with that I move again on the bed, this time attempting to draw my legs close to my chest into a fetal position. But then, the vivid memory of Jimin's smile surfaces on my mind and I bury my face into my knees with a sigh. I can feel Jungkook finally shift and move beside me when he breathes out pissed off.

"Okay, either you fall asleep and stop fucking moving like you've got fire ants up your ass or you go home." He snaps fisting my hair at the back of my head, his dark brown eyes glarring daggers deep in my soul. "Your choice."

"Sorry, can't sleep." I mumble, turning to face him.

"I would ask you what's bothering you, but you already told me. And frankly I'm not in the mood to hear it again, because I have a shoot tomorrow and I need to wake up early."

"That's fine, I'll just go home." I tell him. "Good night Kook. Thanks for listening to me."

And thanks for changing my perspective.

"Night Nox." He says hoarsely. "Now get the hell out of my room."

I turn on my cell and use the lighting projected from the screen in order to grab my stuff from the floor. Once I shuck on my jeans and my navy top, I finally take my leave, then make my way to my car. I shove the key into the hole and start the engine before drifting off into the deserted street.

It takes me about twenty to fifteen minutes to reach my apartment complex on Sunleth when I smoothly pull over into my parking spot and exit my vehicle with my supply bag in hand. As I approach the gate, I punch in the password on they keypad and enter the premises. I'm headed for my apartment on the ground floor, when my eyes catch something peculiar right past the water fountain in the middle of the front yard. I notice that two of the beach chairs are pulled towards the side and they're angled in a weird way so that they're forming a cage.