Chapter 54

~Just Obey~
•March/16/2021•

|Joelle's POV|

Mateo had tears running down his face, while I hold his face in my hands. He never thought Olivia, the first person he fully trusted after his parents death, would help the man who killed them.. now kill Mateo. He felt betrayed and hurt.

He takes his eyes off Olivia who was crying as well, and darted them down to mine. "Did you know?" He asks me and I shake my head. "I only found out on my way here. She came to my work and begged me to help her come save you." I tried defending Olivia just a little bit but, he wasn't going to have any of it.

I saw Mateo's eyes pull away from me and widen behind me. And in one Swift movement, he turned us around, so that he was blocking me from the other side.

In that moment, I heard a gunshot go off. I looked down and my eyes widened and my hands began to shake when I saw blood spreading all over the floor.

———

"Mateo, MOVE!" Olivia shouted before jumping in front of Mateo. In the action, she was shot instead of Mateo. Olivia was now laying down on the floor while she bled out.

Mateo looked down to her and I didn't hesitate to toss him his gun from the desk drawer.

"Olivia... breath." I kept telling her. She had uneven breaths, but she didn't have much time. "Hang in there Olivia, please!" I shouted. I was pressing down on her wound to keep her from bleeding out even more. "I promised you that we would find your family after this was over! You don't get to make me break that promise!" I shouted even more. She smiled at me. "We could have been amazing friends if I wasn't so naive." She chokes and I stare into her eyes. "You knew Mateo was in danger, and you told me... don't die please!" I found myself begging her to stay.

I never liked Olivia but in the short time I spent with her, I could see who she really was. She never had a place to call home, she never had a safe place. She grew up around violence her whole life. So when the one person who ever believed in her started distancing himself, she went crazy and made some stupid fucking mistakes that I'm still pissed off about. But in the end, she still came through to help Mateo.

|Mateo's POV|

He fucking shot Olivia. I couldn't look at her yet. I didn't want to see her dying body. Once again, Carter fucking Stone hurts someone I love.

Joelle passed me my gun and I held it up pointing it at him immediately. "Funny, last time we were in this position, we were in my office." Carter said and I smirked. "Yep, and last time I failed to kill you." I tel him and he looks away laughing. "That you did, son." He makes my blood boil.

"But this time," I trail off and pull the trigger shooting him in the chest. He fell to the ground and started choking on his blood. "I'll make sure you're dead for real!" I pressed the gun to his head "Send Axel my regards." I spat and pulled the trigger.

He was dead for real this time.

I finally looked back at Joelle trying to stop Olivia's blood. She was on the phone, with an ambulance I'm sure.

I look at Olivia and she's shaking. I take her hand and look down at her with teary eyes. "M-Mateo I'm sorry.." she says and I wipe my tears away. "It's okay.." I nod my head furiously. "I forgive you Liv." I tell her and she smiles.