Chapter 17

Mateo's POV                       published: 02/23/2021

                            Aaron was talking to all of my men explaining to them what had happened.

I know for a fact, it was Axel Stone who took her, but I haven't heard of him in a while. So that means, I don't have anything on him.

"Someone took Joelle, and none of you will sleep for a single second, until we find her, understood?!" I shout at all of them strictly. "Yes boss!" They all shout back and I walk into my office to be alone.

I know exactly who I am. I am Mateo Santos. The most ruthless and feared man in our area of Chicago Illinois.

And who ever took my girl will be paying a high price for doing so.

I started texting and calling every single one of my acquaintances that could help me track her down and bring her back home to me.

Then a few hours of wondering, I received a message on my computer. "Axel Stone sent 1 attachment" my eyes widened and and my heart stopped.

I clicked on it, revealing a big blue play button. "AARON! GET IN HERE!" I shouted and he came in within seconds.

"What happened?" He asked and I pointed at my computer. "Axel Stone? Click on it" I sigh and press play.

A few minutes of watching, an old man starts shouting at her. 'She must be so scared.'

"What is your fucking relationship with Mateo?!" He questions her.

It wasn't Axel. It was Ross. One of his main men.

"One, you spit. Two, maybe I would've told you, if you asked nicely!" She said with a huge attitude. That attitude that I've grown to love. "You must not care for your life huh?" "Listen... man I'm practically already dead sitting here with you so..." she admitted.

'I take back what I said about her being scared. She did not give a shit.'

I smile at how brave she is but it soon fades away remembering he's holding my girl.

Ross starts to ask her nicely and she starts laughing at him. "Nah bro, fuck you! It's too late now buddyyyyy!" Oh my god. She must have a death wish.

Me and Aaron snap our head at each other clearly pissed, when we see him slap her and then point a gun to her head. I watched as her face expressions changed.

At first she looked terrified. But after a few seconds she opened her beautiful eyes and started smiling. Completely ridden of all her fear.

"You won't shoot" she taunts him and presses her head harder against the point of the gun.

I run my hands through my hair stressfully. "What are you doing chaparrita?!" I whisper.

He questions her as to why she thinks he won't shoot her. She gives him 3 reasons and 3 insults causing me and Aaron to laugh with her.

"My point, you dumb fuck! Is that you're not the boss! And I know you don't have permission to do anything to me other than that little girl slap."

He pulls the gun down and we all feel relieved. Even she did.

But all good things must come to an end.

Axel finally walks in and Ross leaves. Leaving Joelle in complete and utter terror.

She knows exactly who she is faced with. And she knows exactly how dangerous he is.

I listen and watch him question her and she keeps protecting me. "FUCK!" I bang on the desk and hold my hands behind my head in huge fists.

I watch as he yells at her, beats her, scares her, and threatens her. I watch my chaparrita go from this brave strong girl, to a terrified delicate flower.

"How DARE HE! Put his hands on her?!!!!?!" I shout. I shove everything but my computer off of my desk.

Aaron grabs me trying to hold me in place. But fails.

"MATEO! Listen to me! Breaking shit and throwing a fit won't help anyone! It won't help Joelle, and it won't help us find her!" Aaron's shouts at me and I calm down a bit.

'Why am I getting so worked up?! I knew I was attracted to Joelle but ever since I laid my eyes on her I've wanted to protect her and now that she's been hurt so badly I feel like I failed her. But why do I care so much for her? I promised I would never feel this way again!'

While thinking this, I feel a light water on my face and Aaron walks to the door and locks it.

He walks back over to me and pulls me in for a hug. It took me a minute to realize it but, I was crying.

I haven't cried in ages. And I haven't hugged Aaron in ages either. I fall in his embrace and hug him back and continue to cry.

This is embarrassing, but Aaron is my best friend and I trust him with my life. "We're going to find her man, I know it." He reassures me and I pull back.

"Get Dave in here and tell him to track where the video came from. I don't care how long it takes him, I want him to find something!"

He nods and leaves my office.

I recollect myself and sigh. "I'm going to find you chaparrita, I promise."

I felt so many things that I haven't felt in so long, while watching that video.

I felt anger, stress, disappointment, pain, and guilt.

I also realized many things as well. Joelle has grown to be so strong and brave. She definitely has a unique personnel, but I adored it. She has her limits and she has her fears, but she is incredibly strong. Stronger than a couple of my men here. I realized that even though I would never allow it, she would make a great asset to my gang. She didn't utter a single word that could cause me any danger or problems, just to protect me and the guys. She has definitely changed since I first met her, but she has that same fiery attitude that I even told her would get her in a lot of trouble. Not only did she change, but she changed me. Not an extreme amount but, I'm softer with her. She makes me want to baby her. She makes me want to hold her and never let her go. She makes me want to feel things again.

I Mateo Benjamin Santos have truly fallen for Joelle Alice Johnson.

And it's scary as hell but I'm going to find her and bring my baby back home. No matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this one was kind of short, I just wanted to give you guys a view of how Mateo is feeling and handling the situation.

AND I KNOWWWW, YA'LL ARE IN LOVE WITH THAT LAST PARAGRAPH!!!! Ahhh