Chapter 48

A/N: Hi my crazy lovelies! Someone messaged me saying that they weren't able to see Chapter 45. I wanted to check will all of you and ask, has this been a problem for anyone else?

A/N: Also, I know some of you guys aren't liking how the story is going right now but trust me, you guys will get the ending that you guys want. I just don't want to rush the story, because then it won't sound good or interesting at all.

A/N: So, if anyone is having any trouble viewing any of the chapters, please let me know so that I can see what I could do about that.

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

~Just Obey~
•published: 03/13/2021•

Joelle's POV

AS soon as I noticed Mateo staring intensely at both McKay and I, I realized he had been watching us the whole time we were talking, and I just knew that he didn't like it at all.

I was also about to hear all about it.

"I don't know what you're doing, but it isn't appropriate sir." I tell McKay and smile while walking away from him. He then turns his head in Mateo'a direction, and I see them both scold each other.

Finally, I turn not the knob to the room, and walk inside. Instantly, he turns to look at me with a scold. I roll my eyes and he sighs.

"Hey." I awkwardly greet him and he does the same. "Hi." Mateo smiled a bit forcefully. I look around and notice McKay staring at us.

I wrinkle my face and make my way towards the window pulling the curtains closed. Mateo laughs and it's not my turn to scold him. "He stares a lot." Mateo calls him out and I look away smiling. "You stare a lot too." I tell him and he chuckles. "Cute." He says and I bow my head in greed.

I sigh and sit in the chair next to him. Suddenly my eyes feel threatened to carry water weight.

"Heyyy, what's wrong?" He asks me. I had my head hung low while I fidgeted with my fingers. "You said you were done." I tell him. Hi faces furrows in confusion. "I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean Joelle." He says and I groan. "You were shot in your office today." I state the obvious and he chuckles. "Yes, I know that Joelle.. I was there to witness it." He sarcastically replies and I roll my eyes. "No Mateo! You were SHOT, in your office, but you said you were done with all the... gang shit." I finally shout and he looks taken back by my sudden outbursts.

I was now standing and had very few tears running down my cheeks. "You said you were done, and I believed you. So I stopped worrying about you..." my nose huffed and started glowing red. His face softened and I could tell he wanted to hug me or something.

"I am done," I cut him off. "No you're not! You will never be done!" I shouted and he sat and listened. "You could have died today Mateo!" I choked. I let out loud sobs and he still sat and took in everything I said.

"Why didn't you defend yourself? Why didn't you have men lined up at your defense?!" I questioned him in a mess of shouts, cries, and sobs. "Because I'm not a mafia leader anymore Joelle! I'm just a business man now! I don't require that high of security!" He shouted back.