Chapter 27

Joelle's POV published: 02/28/2021

Four days have passed since mine and Mateo's argument. I was so done with all of the awkwardness. I need to talk to both my boys.

There was this huge tension between all three of us. I didn't like it. It was my fault that it's there, and I also need to fix it.

———

I did everything I would do any other day of my life. Now, I was waiting for Mateo and Aaron to get back home.

I was kind of worried actually. They went on a job. Not separately. But together. 'Hopefully they make up on the way.. or on the way back' My hope is crushed when I hear the front door slam and two deep voices arguing.

"Well maybe, if you had done it correctly the first time, we wouldn't have had to go back and do it all over again!" Mateo shouted. I listened to them like I did that one night with Olivia. "Well maybe, if you weren't too busy yelling at me over your petty anger, then I would've done it correctly the first time!" Aaron shouted back.

I giggle while listening. 'They argue like children'

Next thing I hear, are Aaron's footsteps making their way upstairs, and Mateo's office door slamming.

I quickly situate myself and walk towards Aaron when he makes it up the steps.

"Aaron." I call him and he looks at me and rolls his eyes. 'Okay...' I think and watch him walk away. "Can we talk? Please?" He stops before going into his room and sighs. "Fine." He says and walks in leaving me no choice but to follow.

I walk in and he's taking off his shirt. I never really noticed how fit Aaron was. He has a nice body, almost like Mateo's but wider. He had the same tattoo Mateo has, but he has it on his lower back. 'S' for Santos. It's kind of like Mateo is marking him. No it's literally that.

I finally look away and take a deep breath. "I'm sorry." I say while looking down. I can tell his eyes are now on me.

When I look back up at him hesitantly, he has on a hoodie. Thank god. "What?" He asks and I sigh.

"I'm sorry Aaron. I know you're not exactly happy with me right now, but.." he cuts me off and smiles, but not a good smile. "Yeah you're right Joelle. I'm not happy with you right now. I'm upset!" He almost shouts and I hang my head low. "I understand." Is al I could say. "You used me to make Mateo jealous, to get back at him." He says and he's right. "I-I know." He laughs and walks towards me. "Do you?" He asks and I look at him confused. "Do you know?" He asks again. "That's why I'm apologizing Aaron. I know it wasn't okay for me to do that, and I won't blame it on my drunken faze. But I wasn't thinking correctly.. all I saw was Mateo and Olivia" I admit and he sits down on his bed running his long fingers through his hair. "It's always about Mateo. He's the reason for all of your mistakes huh?" He says and now I'm the one laughing. He was starting to piss me off.

"Aaron, I wanted to apologize to you so that maybe, just maybe.. we could leave everything behind us! But instead, you're standing there... judging me, AGAIN! That's all you know how to do!" I turn to leave and he sighs. "You're right, I'm sorry." He says and I stop in my tracks and turn to him. "I'm not thinking about your feelings, but mine. And that's not fair Joelle."

I smile and so does he.

He stands up walking toward me, "I never had the right to judge you in such a way Joelle. It was never my place, and I'm sorry I even did it to begin with." I smile and jump forward and hug him tightly causing him to laugh. "I'm sorry for all of the things I said to you J." I pull away and look at him. "I'm sorry for all the things I said in return, and the things I did dummy." We laugh and forgave each other.