Chapter 18

Joelle's POV                       published: 02/24/2021

                         Hours have passed by since the men came back in to question me. I refused to say anything, which only resulted in them beating and torturing me for at least another hour.

I cried out in pain, but they didn't seem to care. They only watched me amused as they also watched the warm blood drizzle down from my now, torn tan skin.

They left a while ago, and my uniform was completely stained in my blood and had a few rips in it.

I soon became eager for food, water.. anything! I felt, and heard, my stomach being to growl just at the thought.

For fucks sake! It's been a day at most that I've been stuck here being tortured.

Even though it was only one day, it felt like one month. I prayed that Mateo would find me, and soon.

I was scared of what Axel would do if I didn't start fessing up soon.

Speak of the devil, in he walked.

Axel walked in my direction with an evil grin plastered on his face. I crawled away, still in so much pain from being beat just a few hours ago.

He got ahold of my hair in his fist, before I could make it to the far corner of the room. I screamed in pain as he pulled me back to where I once was.

"Stop! Please!" I begged in complete agony. He chained my arms up to the ceiling, and I took this as my chance.

My feet wouldn't be much help, but I had to do something. When he turned back to face me, I launched my self toward him and kicked him right in the crotch.

He fell to his knees and I watched him in satisfaction.

I then realized I was still chained up with nowhere to go. Pissing him off even more, was not such a good idea. But still, it felt so good to cause him not even half the pain he caused me.

"That wasn't such a good idea little one." He brings himself back up, regaining his strength. I squirm and pull on the chains. He only laughs at my weak attempt to escape. "You're the most entertaining hostage I've held in a while." He caressed my face making me blink away in disgust. "Don't fucking touch me!" I spat angrily. He pulled away holding his arms up in defense.

"Why are you protecting him so much?" He asks me and I stay silent. He slapped me. "You know, he doesn't care about you, not one single bit." I looked up into his heartless eyes. He smiled.

"Listen, cut the bullshit! If you're not going to give me any information on Mateo, then you're going to at least help me get my revenge." He whispers in my ear and I tug on the chains harder.

I was crying. My eyes stung. I couldn't fight back. I couldn't do anything. "Fuck you." I lean into his face and smirk through my tears.

"You'd be free from all this pain we're causing you." He sings and I scoff. 'The only way I'd be free of this pain, is if I wasn't here with him!' I wish I could just go back a few days back and tell Mateo about the video ahead of time.

"Right now, your chained up defenseless and completely at my will," he taunted me. "I could do whatever I want to you right now, but I won't, because I'm going to be giving you the option of joining me to seek revenge on Mateo." I laugh. He's crazy. Absolutely crazy.

"Giving me the option? Are you being serious right now?!" I scoff and look away. "With your type, it's all about options. But with me, there are no negotiations! I know to who I'm loyal to and to who I'm not!" I lean in once again. I'm nose to nose with him and I smile widely causing his smile to drop. "So take that offer, and shove it up your ass Stone!" He didn't say much after.

He only beat me. Over and over and over again. I was crying and begging him to stop but he wouldn't listen.

He smiled as he caused me all of this anguish.

'Please! Someone! Find me! I can't go on like this!!!'

———

Mateo's POV

I'm pacing back and forth behind Dave as he tracks where the video came from. I haven't slept a single second and Aaron hasn't either.

I started to stink and I needed to eat. I couldn't find it in me to do so. At the guys noticed. "Mateo go take care of yourself, I won't be able to track the video down for at least another hour. So go, shower and eat... freshen up. You too Aaron" Dave told us and we both sighed and listened.

Normally, I would've disciplined him for ordering me in such a way but, he was the only one right now who could find my baby.

After a long hot shower, I head downstairs and fix up some spaghetti. Me and Aaron eat in silence. We didn't know what to do or say.

We were both helpless and all we could do is worry.

"GUYS!" Dave shouted and we sprinted to my office as soon as we heard him. "Did you find her?" I asked and he smiles at me and me and Aaron follow.

We almost immediately get in my car, packing it with men and arms to fight.

I have one straddled at my buckle and Aaron has one on his ankle and one at his buckle.

"LET'S GO! MOVE IT!" I shout and we all hurry into my car with me in the drivers seat.

———

Joelle's POV

Axel beat me for quite a while. I felt numb. The pain stopped being pain. It became a pinch. I couldn't feel anything he threw at me anymore.

In reality it did hurt like a motherfucker but I tried holding it in. I don't want him to leave with the satisfaction that he caused me pain. Even though he probably left with more than that.

I didn't want him to come back. I was scared of what more I would endure to keep Mateo and his gang out of harms way. I know they would be able to protect themselves but I didn't want to cause them the trouble of being wounded and some even killed.

Another few hours passed by and I just laid there on the cold cement ground. I was absolutely terrified but I will never utter a single word about anything to any of these men.

I soon started hearing the loud arguing and pounding of a large group of men outside the big metal door.

I hid myself in the dark corner from before and listened as it fell silent. Then the metal clashing together again. Fear over threw me and I began to sob. "Please! I can't take no more! Please don't hurt me anymore!" I cover my body and feel a soft warm hand grip my arm.

"Joelle it's okay, I'm here." I look up into Aaron's beautiful eyes and my eyes widen. "Where's Mateo?" Is the only question I had in mind. "He's on his way up here J, don't worry you're okay now." I jumped forward into his embrace and held on tightly. "I was so scared." I sobbed and he rubbed my back.

I opened my eyes to pull back but I froze in shock and complete fear. I looked to the entrance of the metal door and saw Axel standing there pointing a gun to Aaron's back. My heart stopped.

Suddenly everything was in slow motion. "AARON MOVE!" I shouted.

But it was too late. Axel shot him in the back. I couldn't see where the bullet went but I know it hurt him. He fell immediately to the ground and I didn't know what to do.

Everything happens so fast. I saw Axel now pointing the gun at me. I looked around for anything and my eyes landed on Aaron's ankle.

I didn't think twice. I grabbed his gun.

And two shots were fired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~