Chapter 47

~Just Obey~
•published: 03/12/2021•

Joelle's POV

THE next morning I decided to sleep in. I was literally banned from showing up to work for a full 7 days. So I was going to take advantage of this 'suspension' and treat it as a 'vacation'.

I would normally wake up to get ready for work at around, 5 AM. But for the next 7 days.. I didn't have to do that.

Today, I woke up at 9 AM and invited the girls over for brunch. 'The girls' as in Sammy and Isabella. Isabella was a friend I met 2 years ago, when I was a junior in high school. I met her only a few months before I met Mateo.

|FLASHBACK|

Sammy and I finished getting ready and called an Uber to drive us to our next victim. The 'Disco Club'. We got in easy peezy with our fake id's.

We laughed and wondered around dancing for a while. Like always, I went to the bar to get us our drinks.

"What would you like for tonight young lady?" The bartender asked me. I smiled at the fact that he didn't ask for my id. "Two Ma.." another woman's voice cut me off before I could finish my order. "2 cokes please." She ordered for me.

I turned to this woman and scoffed. "Seriously?" I scolded her and she nodded. "No, two margaritas please!" I corrected her ordering the bartender.

"She's underage" she ratted me out without even knowing the first thing about me. The bartender turned to me and I smiled. "I'm not, look here's my id.." I said pulling it out only to get snatched out of my hands.

I watched her as she snapped it in half earning a gasp from me. "What id?" She mocked me and I scolded her. "Dude what the fuck!" I shouted.

"Is there a problem ladies?" A man came up to us asking. He was very attractive. I saw this strange woman stand up and kiss the man. 'So that's her mans?' I thought to myself.

"She's underage Damien." She snitched me out to a man I don't even know. "Listen, I have no idea who you are.. but you're crazy." I stood up to walk away and she sighed.

"My name is Isabella Dalton and this is my husband Damien Dalton. We have 2 sons and a daughter... I know you are way too young to be drinking.. to even be in here for that matter." She said and I laughed.

"Fine, you win." She smiles at me and I roll my eyes. "She reminds me of you when I first met you." Damien told her and she punched his chest.

I smiled at how cute they were. We spent the rest of that night just chatting and we gave each other our numbers.

|FLASHBACK END|

Isabella and Damien live in Miami but they came to Chicago a lot for business. This time, they brought their kids with them and may I tell you, Marco is fine as hell! But he has a girlfriend so I backed off and tested him like I do everyone else.

———

I showered and got ready for the girls. Once they got here, we all left to go get some brunch.