Chapter 24

Aaron's POV published: 02/26/2021

After I left her room, I started regretting everything. 'Why would I say all of that to her?! How could I say that to her?!'

She looked absolutely heart broken, and it was my fault.

I just can't find it in me to understand how she could let Mateo take her virginity, or even touch her at all. I get that she thinks he's changed but he still kidnapped her, and took her whole life into his control.

I care for her a lot.

Hearing her tell me that she thought of me as the older brother she never had, broke my heart even more since she exploded saying she never thought I would say this kind of shit to her out of everyone.

She was right. Not even I thought I would be able to say words so harsh to her. She called me cold.

Ugh. I should've just stayed quiet! Fuck. Me.

———

Joelle's POV

I rushed down the steps after changing into some sweats and just slipping on my bra under Mateo's shirt.

I needed to get out of this house and away from Aaron for a while.

I still couldn't believe he called me an easy quick fuck. It was literally the first and only time over ever had sex before. I know I lost my virginity to the man who kidnapped me, but he never truly hurt me. And I trusted him. I wanted him. Aaron wouldn't understand that and I hate that he's making me feel this way.

It's none of his business and he doesn't have the right to an opinion on my actions. It doesn't concern him.

After a 20 minute drive, I finally got to Sammy's house. No cars were outside except hers.

So I just walked in and knocked on her bedroom door. I didn't want to risk her boyfriend being over and seeing something I don't want to see.

She opens the door to my red face, with puffy eyes, and a pouting mouth.

She gasps and pulls me in her room. We sit on her bed and she pulls me in for a hug. I hug her back and just let everything out.

"Shhh, what's wrong J? I'm here. Don't cry.." she comforts me and I pull away from her. "I got in a fight with Aaron." I tell her and she widens her eyes. I nod my head and start crying more.

"Why?" She asks curiously and I take in a deep breath.

"Well, I let Mateo take my virginity last night." I admit and she gasps and smiles putting her hands over her mouth. "Oh my goddd!" I smile a little and then she notices I'm not in the mood so she continues to listen. "This morning, when I was leaving his room, Aaron saw me half naked and when I went back to my room, he was waiting for me." I explain and she nods her head. I start tearing up again and she calms me down before I stop being able to speak. "Take your time Joelle, I can wait it's fine." She says and I shake my head. "He was judging me." I look down at my hands and pout. "What do you mean?!" She asks kind of pissed off. "He asked me if I really let him take my virginity, and then he was saying how could I and that Mateo doesn't care about me like that, and that Mateo just wants a quick fuck and..." I struggled to say the last part. I looked at her with my eyes blurrier than ever. "He's a dick! He had no right." She supported me and I took in a breath. "He said I was an easy fuck since I was so quick to spread my legs open for Mateo." I cry and she gasps in anger and shock.

"Listen to me Joelle!" She grabs my face making me look at her. "You are the most beautiful girl I know. Aaron was wrong to say such things to you. You are literally the most innocent girl I know! You are strong, kind, beautiful, you had a little bit of an attitude." I laugh at the last part and she laughs too. "But only a little." She hugs me and we stay like this for a while.

"Yeah, it's just... I never thought Aaron would ever tell me things that hurtful. He might as well have called me a whore." I sighed. She did too.

"I'm going to beat his ass." She said and started getting up. I knew she wasn't playing so I pulled her back down on the bed. "Noooo!" I giggled and she looked at me seriously. "Seriously Joelle, I don't want you to think you're a whore. Okay?" She asks me and I nod smiling.

"Please don't tell Mateo about this. I don't want him to know. He'll kill Aaron, and I caught so hard for Aaron to live." I laughed and so did she. "Promise." She said and held up her pinky. I took in mine and smiled at her.

Me and Sammy started watching a movie. Halfway through my phone started to ring.

I looked at it and suddenly became so scared. "Fuck!" I shouted and sat up. "Who is it?" She asked and I looked at her while showing her my screen.

"I didn't tell him where I was going." I admitted and she jumped off her bed.

I answered it and pressed it to my ear. Before I could even speak he started shouting. "Joelle! Where the fuck are you?!!" I looked at Sammy and she mouthed, "don't tell him you're here."

"Ummmm, I'm at... the.. store, yes! I'm at the store." I very badly lied. "Are you fucking lying to me?!!!" Oh no. He sounded pissed. "What no! I never lie to you Mateo. I'm at the store do you want something?" I keep on lying and I hear him sigh.

"You're sure you're at the store?" He asked way too calmly. His tone completely changed and I looked over at Sammy who was begging me to say yes. "Yes, I'm s-sure." I nervously laugh. "So then you and Sammy aren't watching a movie in her room?" He asked and mine and Sammy's heart fall out of our ass.

I slowly turn around and look out the window to see Mateo standing outside next to his car.

I innocently wave at him and he smiles sarcastically and copies me. "Get your ass in my car immediately!" He says. "Y-Yes sir." I reply and he hangs up.

I noticed that whenever I was in trouble, I have to call him sir instead of by his name. I don't know why but I just went with it.

"How the fuck!" Sammy shouts and I grab my things and walk out.

"Heyyyy Mateo! How are you doing this fine evening?" I try to distract him but he shoved me in the car and starts driving home.

'Oh no.'

We didn't even get out of the car when we got home. "Why didn't you tell me where you were going?" He asked and I shrug my shoulders. "Words chaparrita." I sigh and look at him. "I needed to talk to Sammy." I said getting sad again. "About what?" He questions and some tears form in my eyes and he notices. "Heyyy, it's okay baby.. you're not in trouble." He reassures me. "No it's not that.. it's just, me and Aaron had an argument." I admit and his eyes widen. "Baby, you guys are like best friends, I'm sure he'll get over it." He says and I look at him. "He said some mean things, and I said some mean things back to him. He just, made me really upset." I vent to him and he pulls me on him. "Joelle, just have a civilized conversation with him. And if he keeps saying mean things, just tell me and I'll beat the shit out of him okay?" I giggle and nod.

I hug him and he laughs while tickling me.

I didn't think he would be this supportive. I'm so glad he didn't ask why we got into an argument though. Maybe he knew already. Maybe Aaron told him. Or maybe, he heard.

Whatever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~