Chapter 21- Percy

Start from the beginning

Percy couldn't deny that he hadn't been thinking about putting his name in, but the risk was huge. What if something wrong happened? What if the Goblet spewed its name out and called him a noob?

"I may," Percy said, "If Ron does it I'll join him."

Ron grinned, and then they were interrupted by Professor McGonagall, who had come down from the staff table.

"Have you decided, Mr Jackson?" she asked him.

"Oh yeah," Percy remembered the reason he had been finding Hermione. "I was going to ask Hermione about it but I forgot."

Professor McGonagall merely rolled her eyes and asked him to inform her by the end of the day.

All of them instantly went into a discussion about their year choices, and Harry, Ron and Hermione immediately told him not to take Divination, a fraudulent subject. Hermione advised Arithmancy, but Percy knew if it was anything like third grade math, he would flunk it. Care of Magical Creatures seemed to be the only subject that attracted him, probably because he wanted to find out more about all the monsters in the world. Ancient Runes would be hard enough to study with all the translations, which left Muggle Studies.

"You already know all about Muggles!" Hermione said. "It won't help you out later."

"Yeah, but that means less learning." Percy said. "It'll be a cinch for me." He already had so much to study, he was starting to get worried.

"I wished I'd seen that angle earlier," Harry said wistfully. "I lived with the most Muggle people youi'll ever imagine. I'd have passed with flying colours."

Percy grinned. "Does anyone have spare parchment? I'll have to give McGonagall my subject choices."

Hermione produced some immediately. "I don't have a quill, though," she said apologetically.

"It's fine," Percy said. He removed Riptide, and opened its cap under the table so that nobody would notice.

"Bloody hell," Ron said, as the blade came near his leg under the table, and jumped away. But the sword only passed through him.

"It doesn't affect mortals," Percy said, attaching the cap to the other end of the sword, and it instantly turned into a pen. He quickly wrote down his subject choices on the parchment.

"While we're at it," Ron said, tearing some parchment, and producing two slips, "Might as well"

He wrote down his name and school on the parchment and looked at Percy. Percy did the same. Hermione and Harry watched them displeased, but didn't say anything.

They entered the Entrance Hall, and Ron and Percy looked at each other. There were several people cheering them on.

"Together." they agreed simultaneously.

Both of them crossed the age line and put their piece of parchment in. Thankfully, his parchment didn't spew back or call him a noob.

The rest of the day passed in nervous anticipation, and people were whispering all day. Even when Percy presented his subject choices to Professor McGonagall, she peered at him fearfully. At last, it was time for dinner, it was very subdued, and all the seventh years were silent, as most of them had put their names in. Once the desert vanished, Professor McGonagall stood up, and Filch carried the Goblet of Fire back into the Great Hall.

There was pin drop silence. The Goblet's fire turned black, and a piece of parchment flew out.

McGonagall caught it and cleared her throat.

"The Durmstrang champion is Kyle Matthews." the Durmstrang delegation erupted into loud applause as Kyle, a heavy and well built boy made his way up and into a small chamber next to the Great Hall.

The Goblet gave its next name up.

"The Beauxbatons champion- Juliet Haze."

The Beauxbatons applause was even louder, and Madame Maxime was cheering Juliet as she left. She walked put with confidence, a beautiful girl with long blonde hair and grey eyes.

Finally, the moment had come for the Hogwarts hero to be chosen. The tension in the air could be cut with a knife.

The Goblet spewed its last piece of parchment out. Professor McGonagall caught hold of it, and her face whitened on reading it.

"The Hogwarts Champion-"

Whether she had stopped out of shock and unsurety, or for dramatic effect, Percy did not know, but all the seventh years sucked in their breaths at the same time. The pressure in the room somehow seemed to increase tenfold.

"The Hogwarts Champion is Draco Malfoy."

________________________________________________

DUN DUN DUN.

What will happen now? I felt that I owed you guys an update after the sucky chapter yesterday. So here you go!

Although, I barely got any reads and votes on the previous one. My bad writing probably scared you guys away. *sobs uncontrollably * I should just move over from fanfic already.

Anyhoo, I want to know what you guys thought of the chapter. I want all your suspicions as to why Draco was chosen and not Percy or Ron. All wacky theories are welcome. The one which I like most gets dedication next chapter.

I may not update any time soon, because I haz exams starting next week, which go on till March end, and they're a hoot and a half. Consider this book on hold till my exams get over, then I'll update more.

Sorry guys, but they're career changing tests.

On other notes, read my super cheesy Percabeth oneshot Valentine's Day, which is my entry for the fanfic competition, which I'll fail miserably in, but it was fun writing the oneshot. Percy was so adorbs.

Dedication goes to @depression_is_cancer because she read my one shot.

Vote because it means a lot to me, and because you love me. (Face it. Without me this book would not exist. Actually, on that note, follow me too.)

Now I should stop procastinating and probably study, so happy belated Valentine's guys! I hope you had fun with your significant other. And if you're a lifeless loser like me, then I hope you had fun watching TV and stalking Percabeth posts on Tumblr while others went out on dates.

XOXO Anna